Thursday 31 January 2013

BAIBS Thursday 31/01/13

I once saw a storm get stuck. I was camping in the Lake District when a storm rolled over the mountains, it then dropped and got stuck in a natural bowl and just rolled around the mountains for hours. The claps of thunder lasted about five minutes. This is another train of thought thing all to do with my ears.

It's very windy today, so much so that my earphones kept getting blown out on my walk home. I presume my ears are so big that the wind got stuck in them and just rolled around in there. Still, the wind gave me the opportunity for enigmatic hair. Windswept and interesting I believe is the phrase. Or messy if you prefer.

I looked less enigmatic as The Doncaster Free Press attacked me. There were pages of the Free Press whirling round outside the Frenchgate Centre and one page wrapped itself round my head. Proper cartoon style. There's just no way of maintaining any dignity when this happens. You can't pretend it's not happened and just walk on. Even more ludicrous would be the pretending you meant to do it ploy. As in the pretending you were scratching your head move when you waved at completely the wrong person. At what point would you mean to wrap a newspaper round your head. Your only option is to calmly remove it and hope in that time you'll come up with some witty one liner to show how unphased you are. I scrambled at it with my hands, tore it to shreds, realized I was being stared at and went with 'Well. that's annoying.' Don't think I really pulled that one off.

Back in a mo. Starting the new smoking outside policy. And I've had a banana instead of cake. It's like a whole new lifestyle.

The gremlins obviously had a lie in today. got to 9 o' clock and I dared to think glitch free show. Then it all went pear-shaped. Why do we say pear-shaped? What's wrong with a pear's shape? I quite like it. And pear-shaped implies wrong but surely to pear pear-shaped is perfect. If things go wrong for a pear does it think 'It's all gone avocado shaped.'?

Did you know after people gave up on the world is flat thing a lot of them thought it was pear shaped. Is there a Pear-Shaped Earth Society?

Totally lost what my point was gonna be now.

Let's just leave it as the internet hates me.

Laters

SS

Playlist Thursday 31/01/13

Tom Hark - The Piranhas
Too Much Pressure - The Selecter
My Very Favourite Stalker - The Adulescents UK
The Boy With The Thorn In His Side - The Smiths
American Slang - The Gaslight Anthem
Blink Of An Eye - You Addiction
Stingin' Belle - Biffy Clyro
L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N - Noah And The Whale
This Is Real - The Enemy
Polly - Nirvana
Flashlight - The Pilots
Shock The Monkey - Peter Gabriel
A Certain Romance - Arctic Monkeys
Learn To Fly - Foo Fighters
All Together Now - The Farm
Mind Mischief - Tame Impala
Can You Dig It - The Mock Turtles
Lost Weekend - Lloyd Cole And The Commotions
The Woodpile - Frightened Rabbit
Valerie - Mark Ronson ft Amy Winehouse
Valentine's Day - The 48ks
Men's Needs - The Cribs
More Than This - Roxy Music
Bag Of Bones - The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion
1979 - Smashing Pumpkins
The Distance - Funeral For A Friend
Sally Cinnamon - The Stone Roses
Some Candy Talking - Jesus And Mary Chain
Roadhouse Blues - The Doors
Reputation - Section 60
Two Doors Down - Mystery Jets
The Healing Has Begun - Van Morrison
Another Love - Tom Odell
Shelter Song - Temples
Public Image - Public Image Ltd
Pretty Vacant - Sex Pistols
Caught By The Fuzz - Supergrass
Spread Your Love - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers

1 comment:

  1. http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_the_earth_is_pear_shaped

    Amazing what the internet can do....

    ReplyDelete