Friday 25 January 2013

BAIBS Friday 25/01/13



Told you there'd be Stonehenge photos. Stop off on the way to Somerset cos I've never seen it before. I tried to be overawed. It is a stunning piece of engineering but, same as when I saw the Mona Lisa, you see so many images of it when you finally come face to face with the real thing, you're that used to it, the sense of wonder starts and ends with your eyes. Plus it was bloody freezing. I was trying to think of an ancient prehistoric race toiling to move these monoliths hundreds of miles but all I could think was Spinal Tap.

                     'Can I ask a practical question at this point? Are we doing Stonehenge tomorrow?'

So I'm writing this blog from the Premier Inn, Frome with the rain beating down outside as facebookers in Donny go snow mental. This weekend involves Wookey Holes, chalk horses, witches, scrumpy and a christening. Thankfully no Rovers game tomorrow so I'm not missing out there. Missed out on a few choice gigs but I'm sure The Worzels will be performing somewhere local tomorrow.

I still get excited travelling by the stupidest things. Passed Donnington, Silverstone and Thruxton. Couldn't help but wish Brand's Hatch had been en route too. Overtook Notts County FC off to play Leyton Orient tomorrow, coming the other way were Leicester City on there way to Huddersfield. Got giddy over the dreaming spires of Oxford. I'm so easily pleased, especially given our most ancient of monuments failed to move me. Maybe it was the fences and the closeness of the road. Big things are planned on Salisbury Plain re Stonehenge. Maybe next time I'll have an epiphany.

Well, bizarrely for this blog I end on it's bedtime.

Boing

SS

Playlist Friday 25/01/13

Tom Hark - The Piranhas
Friday On My Mind - The Easybeats
New Rose - The Damned
Start Wearing Purple - Gogol Bordello
Here It Goes Again - OK Go
Animal - The Pigeon Detectives
Sweet Child Of Mine - Guns 'n' Roses
Leather Jacket Love Song - The Cribs
Summer's Child - The Coopers
Black And White Town - Doves
Dirty Old Town - The Pogues
Getting Away With It - Electronic
Birthday - Sugacubes
Step On - Happy Mondays
Just To See You Run - Bang Bang Romeo
Everyday Is Like Sunday - Morrissey
Empire State Of Mind - Alicia Keys
Tumblin' Forever - The Penny Lovers
Baggy Trousers - Madness
Soul Uncensored - Section 60
Hands Off She's Mine - The Beat
Johnny Come Home - Fine Young Cannibals
The Bartender And The Thief - Stereophonics
Valley Of The Dolls - Generation X
Upstarts - Johnny Marr
Spread Your Love - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Wishful Thinking - China Crisis
Poison Ivy - The Lambrettas
Lead The Way - The 48ks
Chemicals - Various Cruelties
Give Up - Miles Kane
Brassneck - The Wedding Present
You Can't Judge A Book By The Cover - The Strypes
The Size Of A Cow - The Wonderstuff
High On A Hill - Ian McNabb
I'd Rather Go Blind - Etta James
'A' Bomb In Wardour Street - The Jam
Boys Don't Cry - The Cure
It Hangs - The Darlingtons
Old Yellow Bricks - Arctic Monkeys
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers







No comments:

Post a Comment