Saturday 19 January 2013

BAIBS Friday 18/01/13

So a particularly late blog but yesterday was just hectic. Running round frantically after the show to get everything done before the oncoming blizzard. The blizzard never really materialized. Things could have been less frantic.

It's my son's 21st on Monday. 21!! I feel old. We had the party last night. Well who parties on a Monday night? Best Bar None, that's who. More of that Monday. As I've mentioned before I'm hopeless at buying presents so enlisted the help of my eldest daughter. She mentioned a game shop where Liam, my son, liked to shop. I know nothing about gaming or the whole comic book thing. My geekiness lies elsewhere. Found the perfect solution for my present buying dilemma though. Liam was in the shop. Made it a lot easier. He got a dungeon and a dragon.

So Liam's party last night as well as my best mate Ian's 45th birthday yesterday means I'm writing this a tad worse for wear.

So that was part one of the hectic weekend. Tom Harking at The Keepmoat this afternoon. Rovers v Leyton Orient and with Tranmere (1st) playing Brentford (3rd) there's a good chance Rovers will be top tonight. I fully expected today's game to be off but excellent work by the groundstaff all week, volunteers sweeping the pitch this morning and the weather not quite as bad here as predicted it's game on. Gonna be pigging cold though!

Tonight it's Famous Villains supported by The Penny Lovers at The Leopard. Seriously excited about this. Famous Villains are one of my favourite bands. Not just in Donny but ever! First time Cherry Blossom will have seen them and she had the stitches out yesterday so is in full on party mood.

I'm guessing Sunday will be a rest day, especially given Monday night could be messy.

There's all kinds of whirring noises coming from the kitchen which have just resulted in a plate of scrambled egg on toast and a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice appearing. My cue to go.

Laters

SS

Playlist Friday 18/01/13

Swan Lake - Madness
Battleship Chains - Georgia Satellites
Bright Side Of The Road - Van Morrison
Hoppipolla - Sigur Ros
This Ladder Is Ours - The Joy Formidable
Sitting On My Own - The 48ks
Back Of My Hand - The Jags
Good Enough - Dodgy
E=MC2 - Big Audio Dynamite
By Your Hand - Los Campesinos
Molly Gray - The DN All*Stars
Speak Like A Child - The Style Council
Scar Tissue - Red Hot Chili Peppers
American Slang - The Gaslight Anthem
When You Were Young - The Killers
High And Dry - Radiohead
King Of Pain - The Police
Walk - Foo Fighters
Talking Woman Blues - The AVIT Blues Band
The Unforgettable Fire - U2
Regret - New Order
London Calling - The Clash
You Jane - The Wedding Present
Modern Love - David Bowie
Gimme Shelter - The Rolling Stones
Made Of Stone - The Stone Roses
Hard To Beat - Hard-Fi
Can I Play With Madness - Iron Maiden
Across 110th Street - Bobby Womack
Cool For Cats - Squeeze
2-4-6-8 Motorway - The Tom Robinson Band
Hush - Kula Shaker
Never Fade Away - Spector
I Got You - Split Enz
My Girl - The Temptations
Always Like This - Bombay Bicycle Club
Saturn 5 - Inspiral Carpets
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers



No comments:

Post a Comment