Tuesday 8 January 2013

BAIBS Tuesday 08/01/13

Late again! Blame Mark Kelly. Had to pre-record this Friday's show. I'm not meant to tell you that but it's blatantly obvious! Once I'd finished Mark was already at Sine FM Towers gearing up for The Home Run Show. Me and Mark talk. We can't help it. You know sometimes you get into a conversation and you're just looking for you're get out line? With Mark I'm looking for the keep the conversation going line. We do like a gossip. Darts was the main topic today. That and some big news that I can't tell you about yet. Just keep Easter free is all I'm saying. So basically it's a late blog cos in a previous life me and Mark were fishwives.

I've always prided myself om my pedestrian status. Truth is I'd be lethal as a driver and public transport needs to up it's game and lower it's prices to tempt me back. I did once try upgrading from pedestrian to cyclist but I was just a menace to myself and other road users. But I'm thinking pedestrianism is no longer the safe haven it once was. Four times now, in three months, I've been hit by a cyclist and today I got flattened by a mobility scooter. Going down Balby Road, faster than the traffic, he blatantly took me out. Think Schuey and Damon Hill, Australia 1994. I had the bloody racing line too! Properly took me off my feet in a cartoon style banana skin fall and landed on my bag, now broken. Daren't look at the carnage that's now my cds. And did he apologise!!!!!?

Well yes actually. He was very charming and explained it was his first time out on this scooter and couldn't apologise enough. That's all well and good but it makes my rant look a bit over the top now. Still, it's staying in.

On my walk home I pass the Roman Party shop. Now my history may be flawed but I'm sure Roman parties didn't involve fireworks, party poppers and silly string. If you really want to see a modern day Roman party I'd suggest Silver Street at about 2am on a Sunday. A much more accurate reconstruction.

OK, off to watch Cherry Blossom bleed radiators. I'm so useful like that.

Laters

SS

Playlist Tuesday 08/01/13

Tom Hark - The Piranhas
Go Right Ahead - The Hives
Skinny Genes - Eliza Doolittle
My Very Favourite Stalker - The Adulescents UK
Fergus Sings The Blues - Deacon Blue
Ready To Die - Famous Villains
There She Goes - The Las
Just Like A Woman - Black Spiders
Chevy Thunder - Spector
Where Are We Now - David Bowie
Oh! You Pretty Things - David Bowie
Some Sort Of Homecoming - U2
Bats - The Darlingtons
Post Break Up Sex - The Vaccines
Temptation - New Order
Barriers - Suede
Shine On - The House Of Love
Mirror In The Bathroom - The Beat
Rose Tattoo - The Dropkick Murphys
Money's Too Tight (To Mention) - Simply Red
Antarctica - Sound Of Guns
Light My Fire - The Doors
Leather Jacket Love Song - The Cribs
Like A Dancer - The Enemy
Diamonds Are Forever - Arctic Monkeys
Underdog - Kasabian
Follow Me - Muse
Tumblin' Tears - Kiziah and the Kings
Kids - MGMT
Everyday Is Like Sunday - Morrissey
Jailhouse Rock - Elvis Presley
Suspicious Minds - Elvis Presley
Way Down - Elvis Presley
Hold On - Don Broco
Here Comes The Sun - The Beatles
Cool For Cats - Squeeze
Don't Save Me - Haim
Best Of Friends - Palma Violets
Born To Run - Bruce Springsteen
45 - The Gaslight Anthem
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers

No comments:

Post a Comment