Monday 7 January 2013

BAIBS Monday 07/01/13

Apologies to the French. They have been reading my blog so Bon jour it is. And while we're at it G'Day, Dvien Dobry, Selamat Pagi, Good Morning, (Gibraltar - Morning Steve) and 早安。.

Rock, paper, scissors. I always lose. I could sit and work the maths out but my brain's just said 'Don't you dare. It's Monday. Concentrate on your coffee and crumpets and no messing around with probabilities.' But the fact is, no matter what I go for, I always lose. It's a little scary. Though I do have a problem with the whole paper beats rock thing. I can see how a rock could smash scissors to bits and how scissors can destroy paper but paper covers rock for the win? Name one thing that you can do with a rock that's totally negated by wrapping it in paper. You can throw a rock and if it's wrapped in paper the paper will fall off. Chalk one up for the rock. Or you can use a rock as a paperweight. Weighing the paper down, stopping it from moving. Not so tough now paper are you? 

I fear I'm taking my defeats far too seriously.

Bit of a mixed bag down at The Keepmoat on Saturday. Just one spot of Tom Harking thanks to ten seconds of David Cotterill brilliance but overall an awful game. Still, it's the old adage, teams that get promoted still win when they don't play well. So more than happy to be joint top Saturday night only to get the news that manager Dean Saunders had been given permission to speak to Wolves, and to get the news on Sunday that he'd accepted the Wolves job. I'll be honest, I wasn't his biggest fan but like a lot of fans he was winning me over. Forget last season's ridiculous 'experiment' that I don't think Saunders had much to do with. This season he'd built a team with his own players that he'd took to the top of the table. You can't argue with that. Maybe we're not playing the most entertaining football but we're hard to beat. Saunders has took some flack from some for leaving. Ridiculous. Who doesn't turn down a better paid job with a higher profile?  I wish him well.

Saturday night was The Darlingtons and Missing Andy at The Leopard. The Darlingtons are a quality, tight indie band from Taunton. Catchy tunes and a polished live set. Keep your eye on the Somerset quartet. Missing Andy are just immense fun. One of those bands that live you just can't help but dance too. The Leopard loves them and they seem to love The Leopard. 4 sell out gigs there in less than a year for the Essex boys. See them live and you will leave with the biggest grin on your face. And they let me steal one of their vol au vents. Chicken and mushroom. Laaaavely.

Right, gotta go fill in my application form for the Rovers job. (Premiership, Champions League and FA Cup winners in one season on FIFA. Job's in the bag).

Laters

SS

Playlist Monday 07/01/13

Tom Hark - The Piranhas
Kings For The Weekend - Missing Andy
Bats - The Darlingtons
Dancing In The Moonlight - Toploader
Place Your Hands - Reef
Saturn 5 - Inspiral Carpets
By Your Hand - Los Campesinos
Black Chandelier - Biffy Clyro
Unbelievable - EMF
Ain't Even Done With The Night - John Mellencamp
Stay - Rita Payne
Paradise - Coldplay
If The Kids Are United - Sham 69
Love Me Like You - The Magic Numbers
Stand - REM
Dancing Makes Her Happy - Jery At Controls
I Will Wait - Mumford and Sons
Shot By Both Sides - Magazine
Blinded By The Light - Bruce Springsteen
Do Anything You Wanna Do - Eddie and the Hot Rods
Food For Thought - UB40
Some Might Say - Oasis
Rebel Rebel - David Bowie
Fortune Teller - The 48ks
Bright Side Of The Road - Van Morrison
I Fought The Law - The Clash
Keep The Car Running - Arcade Fire
Undercover Of The Night - The Rolling Stones
Never Knew Your Name - Madness
Another Love - Tom Odell
Country Girl - Primal Scream
Eton Rifles - The Jam
Comfort In Misery - General Fiasco
Hello, I Love You - The Doors
Beach Day - Beach Day
Spellbound - Siouxsie and the Banshees
Teenage Icon - The Vaccines
Rip It Up - Orange Juice
Sparky's Dream - Teenage Fanclub
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers




1 comment:

  1. Wrap rock n give rock as a birthday gift as a soft alternative to my homemade bread rolls??

    Had a wee chuckle over me cup-a-soup (minus homemade bread roll)
    Is Dean Saunders Welsh?

    ReplyDelete