Friday 4 January 2013

BAIBS Friday 04/01/13

My iPod Shuffle has obviously decided that the word shuffle is optional. Either that or it was just in a Stones kinda mood this morning. So for the whole walk home I had Mick Jagger yowling in my ear. This was annoying as I was trying to listen to my iPod (shuffle optional).

I've just checked the definition of yowling and I've probably been a bit harsh on Mick there. Still he does sometimes come across as catlike.

I'm currently waiting for the gasman, Samuel Beckett's lesser known sequel. It's one of those between 12 and 6 appointments. So I wont start cursing him til about 5 to 6. I still recall my first ever 'we'll be there between...' experience. Aged 16, just got my first paid job and saved up for a brand new stereo. I needed my own instead of sharing the family one. My stepdad never did get The Pistols. Actually my stepdad never got anything apart from Gilbert and Sullivan, Handel and Glen Miller. I don't have a problem with that but be open to other music. I'm sure if Gilbert and Sullivan had still been alive they'd have wrote an operetta based on The Pistols Bill Grundy interview.

I've tangented again. I say 'saved up', what I mean is spend all my money on following The Rovers, borrow the stereo money off my Mum and, despite all good intentions, fail to pay it back. Anyway, delivery was promised between 8am and 6pm. I'd took a day off work. The stereo arrived at 7.30pm. I'd spent eleven and a half hours sat staring out my window. So glad the porch's red lightbulb wasn't working. So after unpacking the stereo, bits of polystyrene everywhere, even ignoring the bubble wrap in my excitement the stereo was in.

It didn't have a plug.

My stepdad called this a life lesson. Still not sure what the lesson was.

Marvellous show this morning with live music from David 'Bo' Ramsay (Tobias, Pure Pearl Jam) and Terry  Dunn (Sick Note Tez, The Adulescents UK). Both (we decided on the word) veterans of the Doncaster music scene. They've never played together before but for the final live song I asked if they'd do a duet. Whilst Miles Kane was playing they worked out chords and harmonies to The Clash's Armagideon Time and off they went. I'd kill for just a modicum of their talent.

So it's the weekend. I promised Cherry Blossom a meal at Tipsy at some point so that's tonight's plan. Saying that I also promised her an island with a castle one day. I love Tipsy, quality food and excellent, friendly service. That should be worth a pint.

Tom Hark day tomorrow, Rovers at home to Colchester. Because it's FA Cup 3rd round weekend Rovers could go top. It'd need a 4-0 victory. Not beyond the realms of possibility.

Tomorrow night it's The Leopard and a somewhat dream line up of The Darlingtons and Missing Andy. My mate Mark's coming over from Sheffield. I'd be happier about that if he wasn't a Blade's fan. Still, he owes me a pint.

OK, off to definitely not wait for the gasman.

Laters

SS

Playlist Friday 04/01/13

Tom Hark - The Piranhas
Wasteland - The Mission
Hold On - Don Broco
Valarie - The Zutons
Made Of Stone - The Stone Roses
Nowhere Flag - Whales In Cubicles
Diamonds Are Forever - Arctic Monkeys
Coming Up Easy - Paulo Nutini
Love Will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division
Ceremony - New Order
Getting Away With It - Electronic
If You Leave - OMD
Never (Live) - David 'Bo' Ramsay
Spinning Plates - Middleman
Girl From Mars - Ash
Kennedy - The Wedding Present
Third Rock From The Sun (Live) - Sick Note Tez
Maybe Tomorrow - Stereophonics
The Devil's Right Hand - Steve Earle
Walk The Line (Live) - David 'Bo' Ramsay
Kings For The Weekend - Missing Andy
Out In The Fields - Gary Moore and Phil Lynott
North East Cold (Live) - Sick Note Tez
Always Looking Forward - The Hostiles
Run Right Back - The Black Keys
Antarctica - Sound Of Guns
Sweet Soul Music - Arthur Conley
I Just Want To Dance With You (Live) - David 'Bo' Ramsay
Everything - The Darlingtons
Molly Gray (Live) - Sick Note Tez
VPL - Gbone
The Number One Song In Heaven - Sparks
Stuck In The Middle With You - Stealers Wheel
Rat Trap - The Boomtown Rats
Give Up - Miles Kane
Armagideon Time (Live) - David 'Bo' Ramsay and Sick Note Tez
Losing My Religion - REM
Lip Up Fatty - Bad Manners
There Goes My Gun - Pixies
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers

No comments:

Post a Comment