Wednesday 30 January 2013

BAIBS Wednesday 30/01/13

My charm offensive goes on. My good friend, author, Richard Pierce dropped in to the studio today to do an hour's radio with me on his way up to York and I managed to offend both him and his wife. Richard lives in Suffolk and I said Norfolk. That's like someone saying I'm from Lancashire. And his good lady wife's Norwegian. I said Scandanavian. Apparently that's like calling the Irish British. Although U2 had won a shed load of Brits before someone pointed out the obvious error.

So I learnt how to insult Norwegians, Richard learnt that Alright is by Supergrass (though I presume that was a momentary blip) and we both learnt that we both have a thing about Stevie Nicks.

A productive morning I'd say.

I also learnt that I've gone up two jeans sizes since Christmas! Think I may have to stop blogging about it and actually do something! Emergency jeans shopping today then. As you all know shopping for me is thus: in, buy, out. Not so easy with jeans. I'm an odd shape it would appear. Tall people aren't fat apparently. So a lot of trying on various waist/leg combinations and a lot of breathing in was required before I reached the 'out' stage of my shopping tactics.

Had a meeting down at The Keepmoat today re Rover's match day music. I'll be honest I'm not a fan of the whole trying to build up an atmosphere thing. It's down to the fans to create atmosphere. I've been watching Rovers over 30 years and don't remember having to be told to sing or cheer a goal. Maybe I'm living in the past. Football has changed in that time. Maybe the fans have too. Still, as long as that's what people want I'm happy to push the buttons. One thing we agreed on was that we shouldn't need music to celebrate a goal so no more Tom Harking. I guarantee a backlash on that one.

OK I'm off to call my mate Al from Sunderland a Geordie.

Laters

SS

Playlist Wednesday 30/01/13

Tom Hark - The Piranhas
Fire - Kasabian
Slow It Down - Amy MacDonald
Across 110th Street - Bobby Womack
Debaser - Pixies
Upstarts - Johnny Marr
Old Yellow Bricks - Arctic Monkeys
Sun - Two Door Cinema Club
Hunger - Frankie And The Heartstrings
Feel About You - The 48ks
Kiss Tried To Kill Me - Black Spiders
Never Knew Your Name - Madness
This Is How It Feels - Inspiral Carpets
I Can't Explain - The Who
Temptation - New Order
Is This Our Day In The Sunshine - Section 60
You Love Us - Manic Street Preachers
One Way Trigger - The Strokes
Get Back - The Beatles
Don't Let Me Down - The Beatles
Special Brew - Bad Manners
Banquet - Bloc Party
Chapel Of Love - Elton John
When It All Comes Down - The Icicle Works
Babies - Pulp
Sing For The Deaf - Missing Andy
The Distance - Funeral For A Friend
Hoppipolla - Sigur Ros
Night Boat To Cairo - Madness
Antarctica - Sound Of Guns
Alright - Supergrass
Adore Me Dear - Bang Bang Romeo
Sparky's Dream - Teenage Fanclub
Slumdog Millionaire - The Beeds
Vicar In A Tutu - The Smiths
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers

No comments:

Post a Comment