Monday 14 January 2013

BAIBS Monday 14/01/13

Hello New Zealand and Romania, latest editions to the BAIBS blog family.

For all non facebook users it's snowing. It would seem without facebook none of us would ever know. It's like windows were never invented. Why do people feel the need for the 'It's snowing' status? Doesn't happen with any other weather. Never have I seen the 'fine drizzle' status. Kids are allowed to get excited by snow. It's the law. Just in case I wasn't aware of the weather my phone now has a photo of a smiling snowman on it. With a broom in his hand. What's he gonna do with that? And why is he smiling? He'll have a short, cold, wet existence that'll end with him slowly melting. I can't think of a worse way to die.

I don't dislike snow. As a kid I obeyed the law and found it very exciting. Now I find it very pretty. I just don't want to be in it. I've not dried out yet and I look like a soggy Bee Gee. My least favourite weather is wind but I have to confess to liking a stiff breeze that blows my hair back in an enigmatic fashion. Yes I am that vain!

The cold weather necessitates the use of my gloves. I like my gloves. We have a great understanding.

Me: 'Gloves, I want you to keep my hands warm'.
Gloves: 'Ok'.

And they do just that until other outside forces keep my hands at a temperature I'm happy with. They then nestle balled up in a pocket or take up residence in the fruit bowl. Everyone has a fruit ball that is purely for dumping anything and everything in, Except fruit.

The only downside to the gloves is that I cant txt, smoke or skip a track on my iPod with them on. Still, small sacrifice to pay. Is it just me who has spent days whittling down his music to a 115 track playlist, bless my little ipod shuffle, only to then skip tracks occasionally. Surely if a song survived the cull I want to hear it? I cant explain it. I worry myself at times.

Went for an all you can eat self service Chinese buffet thing last week. The bill arrived. Service not included. I should think not! Unless I'm meant to tip myself? I didn't. I dropped a spring roll delivering my plate to the table and didn't top my coke up once. Shoddy service.

OK. Snow's settling so I'm off out to play.

SS

Laters

Playlist Monday 14/01/13

Tom Hark - The Piranhas
Walk On By - The Stranglers
The Cave - Mumford And Sons
Never Knew Her Name - Madness
Spies - Famous Villains
Design For Life - Manic Street Preachers
What A Day That Was - Talking Heads
Another Love - Tom Odell
Champagne And Cocaine - 12 Dirty Bullets
Moondance - Van Morrison
Leather Jacket Love Song - The Cribs
All Day And All Of The Night - The Kinks
Neighbourhood #1 (Tunnels) - Arcade Fire
Spanish Stroll - Mink De Ville
Recover - Dexters
Right Now - Bang Bang Romeo
This Is Real - The Enemy
Holidays In The Sun - The Sex Pistols
Too Nice To Talk To - The Beat
Where Are We Now? - David Bowie
Bucket - Kings Of Leon
Rock The Casbah - The Clash
Jungleland - Bruce Springsteen
Turning Japanese - The Vapors
Goodbye Kiss - Kasabian
Truth - Bloc Party
Babylon's Burning - The Ruts
Roxanne - The Police
Barriers - Suede
Permanent - Section 60
Caterpillar - The Cure
Lithium - Nirvana
My Hero - Foo Fighters
My World - Secret affair
Golden Skans - The Klaxons
Dance Like A Monkey - The New York Dolls
Do You Realize - The Flaming Lips
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers

No comments:

Post a Comment