Thursday 3 January 2013

BAIBS Thursday 03/01/13

Good morning.
 Howdy y'all.
 בוקר טוב.
 Guten Morgen.
 Доброе утро.
 Доброго ранку.
Bon matin. 
 좋은 아침입니다. 

Figured given people around the globe take the trouble to read this I should say hello properly, so that's a good morning to the UK, USA, Israel, Germany, Russia, Ukraine and South Korea. The french bit's for any french speaking Canadians. The french themselves haven't bothered. Typical.

Just a short blog today as I've gotta crack on with an application form. I hate them. Just the previous addresses and employment is for me a 10,000 word essay. And surely in the box 'Why do you want this job?', 'Because it pays more than the dole,' should, in this day and age, be an acceptable answer.

Interruptions already. There's somebody at the door. To those Rod Hull fans of a certain age just stop it right now.

Jehovah's bloody witnesses! Think I've just worked out how to deal with them though. Previous attempts have failed. I once engaged with one at length as to why I didn't believe in God or at least if there was a God then he was, to quote the book of James (God Only Knows from the album Gold Mother), 'A cruel desert God with no sense of humour.' The response to this was, 'You're wrong.' as if this was proof absolute. 

Another failed tactic was to actually invite them in. It did confuse them briefly but they did eventually make themselves at home on my sofa. In the end I had to sell the sofa with the two Witnesses as added extras.They just wouldn't go. Ten years on and apparently that sofa's just gone to the tip with the Jehovah's Witnesses still on it.

Today's tactic was to just to say 'I've already got one' and to shut the door. Admittedly he knocked again to confirm what I'd said but overall it worked. 

I mentioned yesterday my attempts this year to look after myself a bit better. Well I'm on my 5th coffee, 8th cigarette and have only eaten a plate of pancakes. Think it's going well, don't you? I did have orange and lemon on the pancakes though so I'm only one apple pie away from being over halfway to my 5 a day.

Off to think of a better phrase than 'It pays more than the dole.'

Laters

SS

Playlist Thursday 03/01/13

Tom Hark - The Piranhas
The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song - The Flaming Lips
Atomic - Blondie
Smooth - New Killer Shoes
Chi-Town - The Cribs
Heart Will Haunt - The Bedroom Hour
Step On - Happy Mondays
Like A Dancer - The Enemy
Iris - The Goo Goo Dolls
Never Knew Her Name - Madness
Time For Action - Secret Affair
Shake It Out - Florence and the Machine
Losing My Religion - REM
Red Red Wine - UB40
Right Now - Bang Bang Romeo
Changingman - Paul Weller
My Number - Foals
Twist And Shout - Deacon Blue
Stay - Rita Payne
Golden Skans - The Klaxons
Brand New Friend - Lloyd Cole and the Commotions
Dancing Makes Her Happy - Jery At Controls
Vienna - Ultravox
Radio Nowhere - Bruce Springsteen
Walkaway - Cast
North Country Boy - The Charlatans
Reward - The Teardrop Explodes
Slide Away - Oasis
Boys Don't Cry - The Cure
Hurt (Live) - David 'Bo' Ramsay
It Hangs - The Darlingtons
For What It's Worth - Buffalo Springfield
April And June (Live) - David 'Bo' Ramsay
Left Foot Tommy - The Unicorn Hunters
Never Fade Away - Spector
Don't Let Me Down - The Beatles
The House Of The Rising Sun (Live) - David 'Bo' Ramsay
Bubbles - Biffy Clyro
Love Her Madly - The Doors
Teenage Kicks - The Undertones
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers

1 comment:

  1. When I was at university, we used to have stock phrases for the Jehovah's witnesses, as they always started with the same question - 'Have you found Jesus?'

    Answers such as 'No but when you see him, tell him he owes me ten bucks' and 'I dunno, wanna help me check under the couch?' appeared to have blacklisted us...and I think my Wiccan roommate's decorations probably assisted.

    ~Mel from Aonia

    ReplyDelete