Tuesday 22 January 2013

BAIBS Tuesday 22/01/13

You'll have to wait a bit. Bacon butties have just turned up.

Needed that.

Not as destroyed as I have been after previous years Best Bar None Awards ceremonies but still a tad fragile. The tux has gone back, pork scratching free. I'll miss it. And for those that asked:


Me, in tux, with carriage home.

Congratulations to all last nights winners, particularly Cask Corner who won best pub and were the best overall winner too. It would have been better without the mayor's annual real ale rant. I love real ale but don't need it ramming down my throat. Er.......you know what I mean.

Cask is a great pub though. Great atmosphere, quality service and a quality product. And becoming a great live music venue too. Last night proved that along with Cask there are some great bars in Donny but in these hard times the pub industry seems to be suffering more than most. It's alright saying use it or lose it but people are seriously struggling financially and a night out is becoming a luxury. Again it comes down to the government who need to let pubs play on an even playing field instead of battering them with unrealistic taxation and blaming pubs for ALL the anti-social behaviour. Best Bar None schemes show that the pub trade as a whole is putting it's house in order and then some. A little help wouldn't go amiss.

My favourite kind of day today. Crisp, sunny, a clear blue sky but still cold. Sadly this means that the pavements are either slush or compacted, lethal sheet ice. The walk to work was a struggle. Imagine how much worse it would have been if I'd been carrying a tux, a broken bag, a coffee and have the button break on my jeans causing me to walk in such a way so that my jeans didn't fall down. With a hangover on top of all that. I'm gonna get pretentious and say 'suffering for my art.' It's an odd thing though. Sober on a clear path I'll easily fall. Give me alcohol and/or ice and I'm steady as a rock.

Prepare for a late blog tomorrow. Off to Mablethorpe for Granny retrieval.

Laters

SS

Playlist Tuesday 22/01/13

Tom Hark - The Piranhas
Happy Hour - The Housemartins
We Take Care Of Our Own - Bruce Springsteen
Kings For The Weekend - Missing Andy
Indian Summer - Stereophonics
I Bet That You Look Good On The Dancefloor - Arctic Monkeys
Gotta Get Out - The 48ks
Making Plans For Nigel - XTC
Double Dutch - Malcolm McLaren
Silly Thing - The Sex Pistols
There Goes The Fear - Doves
Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic - The Police
Common People - Pulp
Leather Jacket Love Song - The Cribs
Heroes - David Bowie
Bad Mood - The Vaccines
The Changingman - Paul Weller
Paint It Black - The Rolling Stones
Fish 2 Fry - The Jim Jones Review
Teenage Kicks - The Undertones
Another Love - Tom Odell
Elysium - Section 60
Layla - Derek And The Dominoes
Live And Let Die - Guns 'N' Roses
Lip Up Fatty - Bad Manners
Feel Good Inc - Gorillaz
Party Fears Two - The Associates
London Calling - The Clash
Forever In Blue Jeans - Neil Diamond
She Bangs The Drum - The Stone Roses
Never Tear Us Apart - INXS
Dead And Gone - The Black Keys
Hersham Boys - Sham 69
Chain Gang - Sam Cooke
Pretty In Pink - The Psychedelic Furs
Hello, I Love You - The Doors
45 - The Gaslight Anthem
Vicar In A Tutu - The Smiths
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers

No comments:

Post a Comment