Monday 28 January 2013

BAIBS Monday 28/01/13

So it's only been a weekend, two days radio and blog free - same as every weekend, but because I've been away feels like ages since I blogged or shouted at the gremlins at Sine.

Had a brilliant weekend down in the Mendips. Which reminds me, I was thinking of joining the gym. Take your time. Spent Saturday exploring the caves at Wookey Hole then had a wander round Glastonbury Tor.

                                                           'Glastonbury Tor pre-wander'

It's a beautiful part of the country. One of many. I have no problem with foreign holidays and sun seeking but make sure you've taken in the delights of this beautiful island first. There is some stunning scenery the length and breadth of this land. Maybe we don't have the weather but give me the Lake District in the cold over Benidorm in the sun EVERY time.

I mentioned I get excited spotting things while travelling. Nearly made Cherry Blossom crash as I spied the tip of the Pyramid Stage near Glastonbury. I got a bit giddy. I really am easily pleased.

I'm a geek, we know this about me already. Maps is where my true geekiness lies. I love maps. I will sit and read a map for hours. I insisted on navigating all weekend despite Ethel the sat-nav being on hand. We started off with a mutual distrust. She didn't trust my map reading skills, I held her responsible for people losing the art of map reading. By the end of the weekend I think we had a grudging admiration for each other. I only had to overrule her once. As if the A303 then A36 is really the best route from Stonehenge to Frome. Tut!

This may sound big headed but I'm an intelligent bloke. Sadly I have no common sense. In the kitchen at Sine today and my lace was undone, for a change. Bent over to tie it right in front of the door and got cracked in the head as someone came in the kitchen. I'm such a plank. And predictably within 20 yards of Sine FM Towers my lace was undone.

Stop Press: Just read the original line up of The Boomtown Rats are back together. This excites me. Never the coolest band but I love them. Two number ones when number ones counted can't be dismissed. It's a bizarre coincidence but the first single I bought myself was Rat Trap (1978), the first album I bought was Tonic For The Troops, about a year later when I realized other things than singles existed, and the first band I saw live was The Boomtown Rats, Donny Gaumont in early 1985. Cost £4!!!!! Saying that I've still got my Glastonbury 1989 ticket. £26 for the whole weekend!!

Regular readers may wonder what happened to the postponed blood donating session from way back. It's today. I'm off to give my armful now.

Laters

SS

Playlist Monday 28/01/13

Tom Hark - The Piranhas
One Step Beyond - Madness
Run Right Back - The Black Keys
The Cave - Mumford And Sons
Jungle Beat - Rico ft The Specials
Hold On - Don Broco
Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall - Coldplay
Somewhere - The Pilots
Dancing Song - Little Comets
Munich - The Editors
Animal - The Pigeon Detectives
Perfect Skin - Lloyd Cole And The Commotions
The Drugs Don't Work - The Verve
Small Circles - The Rainmakers
Cigarettes And Alcohol -Oasis
There She Goes - The Las
Waiting For The Man - The Velvet Underground
Candy - Paulo Nutini
Sha La La La Lee - Small Faces
When The Sun Goes Down - Arctic Monkeys
One Way Trigger - The Strokes
Spies - Famous Villains
You've Got The Love - Florence And The Machine
Nancy Boy - Placebo
The Chain - Fleetwood Mac
Barriers - Suede
Ever Fallen In Love (With Someone You Shouldn't Have) - The Buzzcocks
Bassline - Reverend And The Makers
Rise - Public Image Limited
Let The Day Begin - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Some Sort Of Homecoming - U2
The Cutter - Echo And The Bunnymen
Born Slippy - Underworld
Big Yellow Taxi - Counting Crows
We Wear Our Bones - Bang Bang Romeo
Pretty Vacant - The Sex Pistols
Let Him Dangle - Elvis Costello
The Universal - Blur
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers



No comments:

Post a Comment