Wednesday 2 January 2013

BAIBS Wednesday 02/01/13

3 Used tractors.

That's the latest dictated txt mishap. I don't have any tractors, used or otherwise.

I was about to tell you about my weekend when I realized  again, it's Wednesday. Told you this time of year confuses me. Several times already I've said today is Monday and we're still in 2012. I'll get there eventually. So for weekend read Tuesday.

Tom Hark day down at the Keepmoat and for the first time this season I left the stadium feeling, in football parlance, gutted. I've seen us drop points this season and had no complaints either because of a poor Rovers performance or a quality display by the opposition. Yesterday was different though. An intimidated referee who got 3 vital decisions badly wrong and an appalling, taunting goal celebration from Dave Kitson left me feeling like the proverbial parrot.

Football suffers from some of the most ineffectual governing bodies known to man. FIFA, UEFA and The FA are all pretty spineless when it matters. The FA in particular talks a good game but seems to think that's all that's required. They've made a big thing this season of the 'Respect' campaign, mostly aimed at players and managers attitude towards referees but it should include players attitude towards fans and vice versa. Yes things happen or are said in the heat of the moment but Alex Ferguson haranguing three match officials for the best part of an hour for giving a decision that didn't suit Man Utd, despite being the right decision, isn't heat of the moment.To then carry this lack of respect on in a press conference two days later is surely the kind of thing the respect campaign should be clamping down on. The FA's punishment? Nothing. Well that's sending out the right message isn't it!

Sheffield United were 2-0 down at The Keepmoat yesterday with ten minutes left. Kitson equalised in the 89th minute. Dramatic stuff. He scored right in front of the massive away following but instead of celebrating with them and enjoying the adulation he made a point of running 50 yards to taunt and goad the Rovers fans in The West Stand. At some grounds in the country that would have started a riot. Stupid, petulant and a total lack of this respect that the FA are so keen on. Oh and kissing the badge on his shirt of a team he's played for 15 times who a month ago he was going to leave to try and earn big bucks in America. I love football but I do despair of so many footballers. Kitson's only punishment for this act that could have ended so horrendously? A yellow card. They'll be no call to explain himself to the FA. I'm sure he's regretting it already.

If this comes across as sour grapes it really isn't. I've seen the odd Rovers player in the past taunt opposing fans and I'm equally sickened by such displays. Football has a problem and is doing very little to address it.

Oh and to the Blades fan who shouted in my face on my walk home from the game, 'Where's your f***ing firm?', just grow up you twonk. He wont be reading. I doubt he can read.

Well that all got a bit serious.

Was stopped by a chap in town on my way home asking if he could borrow a cigarette. Interesting concept. He never asked for my address so he could return said cigarette, or a cigarette of equal value. Neither did he offer to bring me the ash and butt once he'd finished with the borrowed cigarette. Anyway, in between drags on my cigarette I told him I'd quit for New Year.

Which I do intend to do. As well as start eating less crap and get a bit fitter. The stairs at The Keepmoat nearly killed me yesterday. And my girth got a mention on Andrew Isaac's show today. Only two boxes of Christmas chocolates left then I start on Earnest. Sorry, in earnest. I've nothing against Ern, fine upstanding chap that he is.

So the aftermath of Christmas has left me not needing to buy shower gel again this year and I seem to have won a lifetime's supply of socks. Splendid.

Off to change my socks for the third time today. Because I can.

Laters

SS

Playlist Wednesday 02/01/13

Tom Hark - The Piranhas
Shout To The Top - The Style Council
Chemicals - Various Cruelties
National Express - The Divine Comedy
Geno - Dexy's Midnight Runners
Fictional State - To Kill A King
Bad - U2
Special Brew - Bad Manners
Somewhere - The Pilots
She Said - Plan B
Basket Case - Green Day
Flourescent Adolescent - Arctic Monkeys
Song Away - Hockey
Just Like Honey - Jesus and Mary Chain
Viva La Vida - Coldplay
World Wide Web - 13 Women
Light My Fire - The Doors
Black Chandelier - Biffy Clyro
Hate To Say I Told You So - The Hives
Where The Streets Have No Name - U2
Millionaires - Famous Villains
Just Like The Rain - Richard Hawley
Run Right Back - The Black Keys
Hold On (Live) - David 'Bo' Ramsay
Bring The Light - Beady Eye
Going Out - Supergrass
Hoppipolla - Sigur Ros
Feel About You - The 48ks
Never (Live) - David 'Bo' Ramsay
The Way We're Made (Made In England) - Missing Andy
Everything - The Darlingtons
The Only Living Boy In New Cross - Carter USM
I Will Wait - Mumford and Sons
Cool Zombie - Adam Ant
Running To Stand Still (Live) - David 'Bo' Ramsay
Sit Down - James
45 - Gaslight Anthem
Family Ramble - Rita Payne
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers



No comments:

Post a Comment