Friday 30 November 2012

BAIBS Friday 30/11/12

Friday! Weekend n all that. Lie ins. Sofa days. That's the plan. Ish. First task (sorry Richard, tsk) is to shake this cough/cold/manflu* and with this in mind gone for medicine number 5 this week. Herbal Mucus Cough Syrup. Non drowsy. This is good cos my mucus does have a kind of herbal feel to it. And non drowsy means the syrup will be ready and alert when I need it.

*delete as applicable

So what does the weekend have in store presuming the herbal mucus finally caves in. Meal tonight for my good friend Rob Dannatt's birthday. Going Everest. Only Rob would have a birthday bash 29,002ft up. The boy's a fool. No doubt he'll make me dance to Spandau Ballet later too. And it's his birthday so for once I cant moan about him not putting his hand in his pocket.

No Tom Harking tomorrow. Rovers away at Oldham in The FA Cup 2nd round. I know Dean Saunders has said this week that he wants to progress in all competitions but I'd gladly put a reserve team out, take the beating and 'concentrate on the league'.

Tomorrow night is more burlesque as Cherry Blossom hosts a night at The Sun Inn. Oh that'll be such a chore!

That's it. Quiet weekend for me.

I've moved again today. If I told you how many times I've moved you wouldn't believe me. Seriously, you wouldn't. Ask me. I bet you don't believe me. My vinyls come with me again despite not being played for probably over ten years now. I stare at it longingly, promising it it's time will come again! Saying that a friend of a friend went into a local electric store last week and asked if they had any record players and the shop assistant said 'a what?'

A stunning show this morning even if I do say so myself. Found out I was being listened to in Australia, India, Canada, China, the USA and Scunthorpe. Actually got a message from someone in Australia who lives in a village the name of which I forget so in stereotypical fashion I'll call it Woollaburraburra. 30 people live in this village and they all listened in to the show. 100% of the populace! I'm gonna get a little mystical now but when a show flows like it did today I can't explain it. Everything just clicks and a radio Midas touch takes over that I feel I have little to do with. What? Pretentious? Moi? Yeah, you're probably right. Still, it was the quickest 3 hours of my life.

OK, off to do something herbal and find a Sherpa.

Laters

SS

Playlist Friday 30/11/12

Wings Of A Dove - Madness
Thunderstruck - AC/DC
Chevy Thunder - Spector
Seven Nation Army - White Stripes
Underdog - Kasabian
Fortune Teller - The 48ks
Best Of Friends - Palma Violets
Paint It Black - The Rolling Stones
Wrecking Ball - Bruce Springsteen
Alright - The Subways
God Gave Rock n Roll To You - Kiss
What You Do To Me - Teenage Fanclub
End Of The Line - Traveling Wilburys
Souls Uncensored - Section 60
A Letter From America - The Proclaimers
If The Kids Are United - Sham 69
Black Chandelier - Biffy Clyro
Jukebox Generation - Goldblade
To My Knees - White Valentine
Teenage Dream - T-Rex
Good Enough - Dodgy
Beat It - Michael Jackson
I'm Falling - The Bluebells
Brass In Pocket - The Pretenders
The Day We Caught The Train - Ocean Colour Scene
Step On - Happy Mondays
Just Cant Get Enough - Depeche Mode
Smoke On The Water - Deep Purple
Dead And Gone - The Black Keys
Breakfast At Tiffany's - Deep Blue Something
One Week - Barenaked Ladies
Valley Of The Dolls - Generation X
Dancing With Myself - Billy Idol
Great Leap Forward - Billy Bragg
Kennedy - The Wedding Present
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers

No comments:

Post a Comment