Tuesday 6 November 2012

BAIBS Tuesday 6/11/12

No walking through park experiences to relay today. I'm sat in the office at Sine FM Towers looking at a photo of a sleeping Mark Kelly, an invite to Rob Dannatt's Famous Lemon Meringue Shindig and the Sine Fm Quiz Champions trophy. Won by myself, Rob, Anthony and Steve and with no help from Rob's phone at all. Ever. Not one iota. Honest.

So, planning tomorrow's show. I know it sounds like I make it up as I go along but there's a reason for this. I make it up as I go along. Some planning is involved, all the this day in history stuff etc and it's whilst doing this research that I stumble across some interesting facts so this is the first in what will be a very erratic series.

THE BIGGER ALL IMPORTANT BREAKFAST SHOW FACT OF THE DAY!

The corporate world has gone mad. Since Cillit Bang came along sales of Cif have decreased drastically. Cillit Bang it has to be said cleans everything from kitchens to horses. Er, actually don't try the horse thing. That was a guess. Anyway in what can only be called a desperate measure Cif is to go back to it's original name of Jif and the makers have petitioned the government of Fiji to change the country's name to i-jif in a billion dollar sponsorship deal. You couldn't make this stuff up!!!

Another fact of the day tomorrow. Ish.

Smoking kills! I mentioned yesterday about the catalogue of ridiculous deaths in the Saynor line. My great great something or other was killed by smoking. He was cycling along when someone in the car in front threw a cigarette butt from the window. It hit my relative in the eye who veered off the road down an embankment and died in a oak tree/head incident.

On the war memorial in Woodingdean, Sussex, a Private Cottingham is etched proudly amongst the other war heroes. Private Cottingham was a distant relative on my Mother's side. He died in the First World War officially in action. He actually died playing football. During a lull a football was fashioned out of wood! Guess who was first to try and head it! R.I.P.

Keepmoat tonight, Rovers v Crewe. Hopefully I'll get to press the Tom Hark button lots. Between now and then I'm off to Ingoldmells for a table and to point at the sea saying 'I can see the sea.'

Laters

SS

Playlist Tuesday 6/11/12

I Will Wait - Mumford And Sons
Tears Dry On Their Own - Amy Winehouse
Brand New Friend - Lloyd Cole And The Commotions
How It Ended - The Drums
The Devil Takes Care Of His Own - Band Of Skulls
Ready To Die - Famous Villains
Medicine Show - Big Audio Dynamite
Magic Joanna - Dirty White Cars
Babylon's Burning - The Ruts
Black Man Ray - China Crisis
When You Were Young - The Killers
Alive - Pearl Jam
Layla - Derek And The Dominoes
Drunk - Ed Sheeran
Let's Let It Go - White Valentine
Underdog - Kasabian
Swan Lake - Madness
Beat The Clock - Sparks
Whip It! - Devo
Take You Back - The Pilots
Motorcycle Emptiness - Manic Street Preachers
You Love Us - Manic Street Preachers
Tongue Behind My Teeth - The Staves
Don't Let Me Down - The Beatles
To Be Like - China Rats
Wouldn't It Be Nice - The Beach Boys
New Year's Day - U2
Seek It - Richard Hawley
Burning Love - Elvis Presley
524 Fidelio - The Wedding Present
Mardy Bum - Arctic Monkeys
The Middle - Jimmy Eat World
Boys Don't Cry - The Cure
Hotel California - The Eagles
Take Her Back - The Pigeon Detectives
Walk On The Wild Side - Lou Reed
Undercover Martyn - Two Door Cinema Club
Babies - Pulp

No comments:

Post a Comment