Wednesday 21 November 2012

BAIBS Wednesday 21/11/12

Christmas. Still a month away but it's everywhere. I'm a bloke, I start thinking Christmas on December 1st. I start shopping for Christmas on December 24th. The lights are up and on in Donny. Have been a week now which ain't bad for Donny. I remember lights up in September once. At least wait til the clocks move, think of the electric.

The Christmas tree on Goose Hill (outside Primark) looks brilliant this year. It's always been tastefully decorated but not this year. It's like everyone's tree when you let the kids decorate it and they throw everything on it. Then when they've gone to bed you take off half the tinsel, baubles and hanging sheep and do it 'properly'. To be honest I used to do the tree then my kids would do it tastefully after I'd gone to bed. I'm definitely a chuck it all on type. I like tacky chintz at Christmas. And this is what the Goose Hill tree looks like. Some council employee has got on his cherry picker and dropped every set of lights in Donny on it. Brilliant!! Anyway, that's Christmas back in it's box for 10 days til I can start playing The Pogues and have my annual slagging Chris Rea off session. And get away with playing The Wombles. I love The Wombles but that's a whole different blog.

People keep telling me I should write a book. I would but wouldn't know where to start. A book needs a beginning, middle and end. Apart from Stephen Hawkins' A Brief History Of Time. That just needs a beginning and a little bit of middle. If it had an end we wouldn't be here. Saying that I don't know anyone who's managed to read it all so just a beginning and lots of blank pages would suffice. Save on printing costs too.

Back to the point, I do tend to go off on tangents. I like tangents. Such a good word. I imagine a tangent to be orange. A pale orange, nothing too harsh. Er, where was I? Beginning, middle and end. I don't have any. Not in that order anyway.

So the council have moved out of the building behind Sine FM Towers. No more 'you can't park there' now they don't need the car park. Except they now have someone checking the empty car park saying 'you can't park there'. Thanks! Doesn't really affect me though. I don't drive. For one very good reason: I can't drive. I tell people this, 44 year old bloke can't drive, and they look at me as if I've just handed them a badger. It happens! The not driving thing, I've never seen anyone hand over a badger.

I may sound a bit harsh on DMBC over The Leaf War Of Elmfield Park (2012 - 2013). I appreciate there are many parks in Donny, therefore many trees and therefore many, many leaves and only a finite number of people to poke the leaves and it would appear only one Dyson World Dominating Vacuum (patent pending) that they have to share. It was Balby's turn yesterday. Only 1 bloke but he'd mastered the Dyson WDP. Too well. He done the grass and was starting on the trees themselves. Get the leaves at source so to speak. He did it with a look that made me think he'd been chased by a tree when he was a child. I have the same look when I see a Jack Russell. (Never did like Gloucestershire wicket keepers - one for Mr. Pierce there). Anyway the park on Balby road is a branch free zone now.

Proper work to do now. Vaccines interview on Friday and I want a better question than why are you called The Vaccines.

Laters

SS

Playlist Wednesday 21/11/12

Broke Up The Family - The Milk
London Calling - The Clash
Smooth - New Killer Shoes
Monkey Wrench - Foo Fighters
Hysteria - Muse
Burn This City - Famous Villains
The Way We're Made (Made In England) - Missing Andy
Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall - Coldplay
Love Suite - James Foy
524 Fidelio - The Wedding Present
Brilliant Mind - Furniture
I Am The Resurrection - The Stone Roses
Hey Ya - OutKast
What's Going On - Marvin Gaye
Stingin' Belle - Biffy Clyro
Starman - David Bowie
Every Rose Has It's Thorn - Poison
Birthday - Sugarcubes
Venus As A Boy - Bjork
Temptation - New Order
We Wear Our Bones - Bang Bang Romeo
Dead Wrong - Hanni El Khatib
Geno - Dexy's Midnight Runners
I Always Knew - The Vaccines
I'm Waiting For The Man - Velvet Underground
The KKK Took My Baby Away - The Ramones
Einstein A Go-Go - Landscape
E=MC2 - Big Audio Dynamite
Boys Don't Cry - The Cure
Chemicals - Various Cruelties
Come Home - James
Bring On The Dancing Horses - Echo and the Bunnymen
The Messenger - Johnny Marr
Undercover Martyn - Two Door Cinema Club
Girls And Boys - Blur
On Trial - The Tricks
Always Like This - Bombay Bicycle Club
Run Right Back - The Black Keys
To Be Like - China Rats

No comments:

Post a Comment