Wednesday 28 November 2012

BAIBS Wednesday 28/11/12

Confessions Of A Sausage. It occurs to me that I've not made any life changing confessions at all in these blogs so here goes. I confess that I am not a sausage.

I'm due a rant. Facebook is my chosen subject. I got a request this morning from the group 'Join if you hate cancer.' Ridiculous. Of course I hate cancer, it owes me a Mother. Who doesn't hate cancer? By not joining am I saying I like cancer? What a pointless group! And say we all join, will cancer then think 'Oh. A billion people hate me. I shall cease and desist all my cancering from now on.'? Far too many groups like that on facebook. As soon as a child dies within minutes the R.I.P. group is up, normally started by someone totally unconnected. If it was my child I wouldn't want any such thing. Strangers leave messages, not to give their condolences, but to say 'Look at me. How caring am I?!' You're not caring, you're intruding. I have a friend on a hate campaign via facebook at the moment. To be fair his targets are quite specific, all living things and all objects. Why I don't know. I just find it a tad embarrassing. I like facebook, and twitter, and social networking in general. Just wish people didn't live their lives through it.

Rant over.


More blogging from a building site today. There's a nasty looking mudbath where the decking used to be and decking leaning against a wall in a very casual manner. I've left the mud and the decking to it. I presume they'll work it out. If I intervene I'll end up muddy and under the decking.

I may have jumped the gun re The Leaf War of Elmfield Park. DMBC have certainly won the battle but as for the war? Well I stumbled across a path knee deep in leaves this morning. Your knees not mine, and there was lots of singing of rebel songs and mutterings of the leaf will rise again. I'd walked in on a meeting of the Leaf Resistance Movement (The Deciduous LRM) and they sounded ready for action to me.

Tom Hark night at The Keepmoat again. Just the one pushing of the button required but it was enough to put Rovers 2nd in the table on goal difference. I'm amazed I managed to press the button given I work with Rob Dannatt. He's forever interrupting, he's even interrupting me as I write this. Still, I now know his favourite confectionery is a Lion Bar. Useful stuff. I've gotta write a piece for the Rovers' programme about what me and Rob do. Er, eat pie and push buttons should cover it. Oh and correct grammar. We're forever correcting the grammar on the Keepmoat scoreboard. Rob wanted me to do a whole piece on grammar correction but given that yesterday's blog included the words 'an quality' I'm gonna give it a miss.

For those interested neither sausage rolling or laying in rook pies cures manflu.

Laters

SS

Playlist Wednesday 28/11/12

Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick - Ian Dury and the Blockheads
By Your Hand - Los Campesinos
In Between Days - The Cure
Don't Go - Yazoo
Dakota - Stereophonics
Chemicals - Various Cruelties
Shock The Monkey - Peter Gabriel
Once In A Lifetime - Talking Heads
Condominium - Fantasy Rainbow
Best Of Friends - Palma Violets
Fishing For A Dream - Turin Brakes
Adore Me Dear - Bang Bang Romeo
Rip It Up - Orange Juice
Spinning Plates - Middleman
First Of The Gang To Die - Morrissey
Whirring - The Joy Formidable
Slumdog Millionaire - The Beeds
Lost - The Pigeon Detectives
Weather With You - Crowded House
Millionaires - Famous Villains
Too Much Too Young - The Specials
I Always Knew - The Vaccines
Paradise City - Guns n Roses
Thou Shalt Always Kill - Dan La Sac vs Scroobius Pip
Saturday - The Enemy
Shadow - Gringo Star
Rebellion (Lies) - Arcade Fire
Stop In The Name Of Love - The Supremes
Tears Of A Clown - Smokey Robinson and the Miracles
(Love Is Like A) Heatwave - Martha Reeves and the Vandellas
Black Chandelier - Biffy Clyro
Temptation - New Order
La Tristesse Durera (Scream To A Sigh) - Manic Street Preachers
Smooth - New Killer Shoes
Oh My God - Kaiser Chiefs
Paper Boat - The Penny Lovers
Days Are Forgotten - Kasabian
Afterglow - The Crookes
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers

No comments:

Post a Comment