Friday 23 November 2012

BAIBS FRIDAY 23/11/12

I don't have an exact date. I can you give you an exact date. 24th June 1974 is an exact date. Maybe I should have started with a different sentence. I've been doing the Sine FM Bigger All Important Breakfast Show for 3 years. I started November 2009 but, ahem, I don't have an exact date. 3 of us doing it to start with, then 4, then 3, then 4, then 3, then 2 and now 1! In those 3 years I've had 3 complaints. Poor effort really. 1st one was for comparing oysters to phlegm. I stand by that one. I did actually stand by an oyster once. Not the greatest conversation I've ever had. 

Anyway, complaint number 3 came in today after I told listeners not to see Simple Minds live. I've seen them, didn't rate them. Doesn't mean I'm right. I am as it happens but that's not the point. Maybe that is the point. Confused myself now. Either way I don't think Jim Kerr's gonna be fretting too much over it. The crux of the complaint was they've been around 30 years so they must be good. In the studio maybe, just not live. IN MY OPINION. And herpes has been around for a lot longer, doesn't make it good. 

Hectic weekend ahead. Tonight The Vaccines live at The Dome and I'm still waiting on THAT call!  Tom Hark day at the Keepmoat tomorrow, Rovers v Scunny. Gotta fancy a home win. It's a bit overdue. Famous Villains playing pitch side before tomorrow's game. That's worth the entrance fee alone. Saturday night it's The 48ks, Dirty White Cars and Pete Liversidge at The Flying Childers. Sunday is sleep! 

Just got THAT call. Dome at 5.15 tonight to chat with Justin and Arni from The Vaccines. It'll be fine. Me and Justin have the same hairdresser. 

Hope I'm not speaking too soon but THE WAR IS OVER! Elmfield Park this morning and not even signs of a skirmish. DMBC nowhere in sight and the leaves, still there in numbers, but staying off the paths. Hopefully this truce will hold. Not such good news from Balby were DMBC seem to have adopted a different approach. Spraying the leaves. I don't know with what, but I fear it will only antagonize them. Different operative in Balby this morning. I presume the tree hater has been put on non tree related duties. 

Laters

SS

Playlist Friday 23/11/12

Country Girl - Primal Scream
You Stole The Sun - Manic Street Preachers
Semi Charmed Life - Third Eye Blind
Hunger - Frankie and the Heartstrings
Not Too Young - The Tricks
Black Chandelier - Biffy Clyro
Antarctica - Sound Of Guns
There She Goes - The Las
Right Now - Bang Bang Romeo
If You Leave - OMD
Is This Our Day In The Sunshine - Section 60
I'll Be Fine - White Valentine
Behind The Wall Of Sleep - The Smithereens
Tempted - Squeeze
Monkeyman - Toots and the Maytals
Transmission - Joy Division
Losing My Religion - REM
Wetsuit - The Vaccines
I Always Knew - The Vaccines
I Don't Wanna Grow Up - The Ramones
Love And Pride - King
Moving - Supergrass
Papa Was A Rollin' Stone - The Temptations
Dead And Gone - The Black Keys
The Killing Moon - Echo and the Bunnymen
Safety Dance - Men Without Hats
Fluorescent Adolescent - Arctic Monkeys
Alive And Kicking - Simple Minds
Best Of You - Foo Fighters
My Girl - Madness
(All I Wanted Was) Danger - The Milk
Pure - The Lightning Seeds
I Love Rock 'n' Roll - Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
Millionaires - Famous Villains
Knockin' On Heaven's Door - Bob Dylan
Never Tear Us Apart - INXS
Hate To Say I Told You So - The Hives
Gangsters - The Specials


No comments:

Post a Comment