Friday 9 November 2012

BAIBS Friday 9/11/12

First up, sorry Rob. There. Done it. As promised. During the crisp game at the Keepmoat Tuesday night Rob Dannatt asked me to guest on his Livewire show on Thursday evening. In the joyous throes of having plucked the word Chipsticks from obscurity I said yes. 5.20pm yesterday saw me falling asleep on the sofa watching Pointless. Never made it to Sine. Sorry Rob. Again.

I had today all planned out, in fact this whole weekend was pretty much sorted. Potter round town after the show and a spot of shopping. Desperately need some jeans and footwear. The holes and general threadbareness have had me feeling like I was walking around half naked all week. Then buy something for tea and toodle off home for a night of chilling and plaiting. Then the txt came. The Dark Shark himself, Mark Thomas from Black Spiders. 'Still want guest list for Nottingham tonight?' Errrrrrrrrrrrrrr? YES!!!!!!

I've known Mark since we sat next to each other at school comparing drawings of sperm. His were always better. In fact Mark is more talented than me, better looking, looks ten years younger and makes better sandwiches. I forget why we're friends!!! He is supremely talented though and combines rock God with seriously nice guy superbly well.

So suddenly today is thrown into disarray. The lazy meandering round town is now a dash to Asda. Forgot my bank card. Start again. Shopped. Jeans, food, no footwear. Oh well. New shoes at a Spiders gig is probably a bad idea anyway. Took a wrong turn out of Asda and ended up in half an RAF Nimrod. Back on track, Keepmoat. 'You're a day early.' Oh ha de ha ha ha. (Tom Hark day again tomorrow). Home. I've flattered myself immensely with the new jeans but squeeze into them.

I should point out that a Black Spiders gig is not to be missed. Their debut album, Sons Of The North, is a must for any rock fan. It is pure no-nonsense, heads down, balls out rock and Donny has NEVER had a finer rock band. Live the band are just something else. To steal a line from someone else's review, possibly of a different band, 'These guys are going straight to hell but it's gonna be some ride.' Tours of pretty much anywhere that'll have them, a support slot to Ozzy and a headline slot at last year's Sonisphere have pushed the band into the upper echelons of rockness and they're only gonna get bigger. I've given my middle fingers a work out and got my sweary head on. All set. F**K YOU BLACK SPIDERS!

DMBC are still battling it out with the leaves in Elmfield Park. 2 chaps there again today, armed with Dyson's tool of world domination patent vacuum but this time they'd brought a rake! Serious stuff though the score still remains Leaves 4 DMBC 1and I don't see a major fightback any day soon.

Tomorrow as I mentioned is Tom Hark day at The Keepmoat, Rovers home to Bournemouth. Suited and booted tomorrow for a feature in an upcoming match day programme. So you'll know who to shout at when we lose. It's happened. One disgruntled fan once blamed the build up music for a poor Rovers performance.

Sunday will see me at the war memorial and then dinner with the kids. I'm pencilling sleep in for Sunday night but not holding my breath. And then it's Monday again!

Laters

SS

Playlist Friday 9/11/12

One Drop - PIL
Dakota - Stereophonics
Are You Gonna Be My Girl - Jet
Hold The Magic - Officer Kicks
Not Too Fussed - The Likely Lads
Quiet Night In - All The Young
If I Had A Million Dollars - Barenaked Ladies
Smile - The Supernaturals
Adore Me Dear - Bang Bang Romeo
Fisherman's Blues - The Waterboys
Monkey Gone To Heaven - Pixies
Red Light Spells Danger - Billy Ocean
Best Of You - Foo Fighters
Stingin' Belle - Biffy Clyro
Paradise City - Guns n' Roses
Doom And Gloom - Rolling Stones
Corduroy - The Wedding Present
Lily The Pink - The Scaffold
2-4-6-8 Motorway - Tom Robinson Band
Millionaires - Famous Villains
Good As Gold (Stupid As Mud) - The Beautiful South
I Wish I Was Someone Better - Blood Red Shoes
Always Looking Forward - The Hostiles
October Swimmer - JJ72
Bright Side Of The Road - Van Morrison
Good Arms vs Bad Arms - Frightened Rabbit
Rock Lobster - B52s
One More Shot - Rolling Stones
Transmission - Joy Division
Beach Day - Beach Day
The Way We're Made (Made In England) - Missing Andy
Fortunate Son - Creedence Clearwater Revival
Into The Valley - The Skids
Sun - Two Door Cinema Club
Chevy Thunder - Spector
Hanging On The Telephone - Blondie
Hate To Say I Told You So - The Hives

1 comment:

  1. You def need to start writing propur like big man your blog posts are good and worthy of u giving serious thought to sitting down and scribbling....writing is not easy but u are a natural...trust me i'm a librarian :-)

    ReplyDelete