Tuesday 13 November 2012

BAIBS Tuesday 13/11/12

Short blog today. Time is of the essence. I'll be honest, I don't know what that means. Essence of what? Only essence that springs to mind is vanilla essence and I don't see what that has to do with time.Maybe it's meant to be thyme? Can you get thyme essence? Still don't see the relevance though. Basically I've a million and one things to do and not much time to do it in so waffling about essence isn't helping.

OK, maybe not a million and one. More like three or four things to do before I have to be in Sheffield at 5pm but given I had one task yesterday, buy a lightbulb, and I failed you may see the problem. Sheffield at 5pm to interview Dave Gedge from the awesome Wedding Present before tonight's Leadmill gig. I have the questions planned and the Cherry Blossom kindly bought me a dictaphone for the interview. Go on, get you're innuendos in now.

Finished?

Good. I've loved The Wedding Present since flinging myself around at Ritzy on a Thursday night to Kennedy so am I a little nervous about tonight. I'm wondering if I've still got the moves knowing full well I haven't. I'm wondering if I'm gonna freeze in the interview and just say 'I love you.' Very embarrassing. Still, check this blog tomorrow to see how it went. If it was really bad I'll just lie.

Followers will be pleased to know the manflu hasn't totally kicked in yet. Tomorrow I'm guessing. Apologies now if the rest of The Weddoes tour is cancelled cos the boy Gedge has a cold.

Was stopped by a Sainsbury's delivery man on the way into Sine FM Towers this morning. I knew this is what he was cos he was in a big orange truck that said Sainsbury's on the side and he asked me if I knew where Sainsbury's was. I pointed out to him the delivery entrance 50 yards away. 'Not that one' he said. 'So which one then?' I asked. 'I don't know.' he replied. Brilliant. I relayed all the Sainsbury's I knew, realized one was a Tesco and back tracked a bit. He thanked me by saying 'You're no help.' Lovely. International day Of Kindness today as well.

DMBC would appear to have conceded defeat in the Leaf Battle Of Elmfield Park. Two days on the trot now there's been no-one rushing headlong into battle armed with rake or Dyson World Domination Vacuum (patent pending). In their absence the leaves have taken up tactically superior positions and I fear the worst.

Anyway, must dash. A million and one things to do. Apparently. Ish.

Laters

SS

Playlist Tuesday 13/11/12

Kennedy - The Wedding Present
45 - Gaslight Anthem
Millionaires - Famous Villains
(All I Wanted Was) Danger - The Milk
Blood - The Editors
Right Now - Bang Bang Romeo
Radio Nowhere - Bruce Springsteen
Sing For The Deaf - Missing Andy
50 Ways To Leave Your Lover - Paul Simon
(White Man) In Hammersmith Palais - The Clash
Keep The Car Running - Arcade Fire
Lucy The Castle - Twisted Wheel
Stay Beautiful - Manic Street Preachers
Open Your Eyes - Snow Patrol
Tumblin Tears - Kiziah and the Kings
Jump - Van Halen
Baby Don't Cry - INXS
Alright - The Subways
Rose Tattoo - Dropkick Murphys
Waterfall - The Stone Roses
Everlong - Foo Fighters
Could You Be Loved - Bob Marley
Crash - The Primitives
Chipping Away - Middleman
Spirits In The Material World - The Police
L.A. Woman - The Doors
Do Nothing - Specials
Stray Heart - Green Day
Honky Tonk Woman - Rolling Stones
Since Yesterday - Strawberry Switchblade
You Jane - The Wedding Present
Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah - The Pogues
By The Way - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Whatever You Want - Status Quo
Honey From A Knife - The Cult
By Your Hand - Los Campesinos
Maggie May - Rod Stewart
To Be Like - China Rats

No comments:

Post a Comment