Tuesday 27 November 2012

BAIBS Tuesday 27/11/12

I've come home to some sort of black and decker thing in the living room. Don't know what it is. I know it's not a workmate cos they have legs. It's got a circular metal bit and a bag. I've heard the words circular and saw put together before so I'm going with that. My DIY skills are limited. Actually that's doing my incompetence a disservice. My DIY skills are nil. I've never successfully completed any DIY task. Shelves, catflaps, decorating, you name it. All a complete disaster. There's a bloke here now who obviously does have skills. He's measuring and sawing (I was right about the saw then). Means I'm writing this with a headache and sawdust on my waffles.

Regular listeners to the show will be aware of my accurate and incisive traffic reports. OK, traffic's something I know nothing about too. As previously discussed I don't drive, it's something to do with badgers. But I still churn out the traffic reports even though they're no use to me. I'm a pedestrian. I walk pretty much everywhere in Donny. This is because of my fitness regime and protectiveness of the environment. OK maybe it's more to do with the aforementioned badgers and my tightness when it comes to public transport. But no traffic report caters for us pedestrians. It's alright saying such and such a road is flooded but is the pavement flooded? Is it passable in sturdy boots? Roadworks on the A6whatever. OK, but pavementworks too? Can I get that way or is there a pedestrian contraflow? Oh I so want one of those!

It saddens me to report some rather cowardly tactics by DMBC in the leaf war. It was pretty much over. A few odd oak leaves in the undergrowth still fighting a guerilla war maybe but the ceasefire remained in place. But DMBC found an unexpected ally to defeat nature in nature itself. Namely rain. The weekend's rain turned the leaves into mulch. DMBC wasted no time in whipping out the Dyson World Domination Vacuum (patent denied) and armed with brushes, rakes, hoes and spikes an army of workers descended and descimated nearly 95% of the leaf army. It was like the end of The Last Samurai. I had a lump in my throat.

So today's show passed without incident, got the Dave Gedge and Vaccines interviews edited ready for radio broadcast, and avoided Mark Kelly and his manflu. It could be by manflu that he's borrowed. If that's the case then he can keep it. I'm generous like that.

Tonight sees me down at the Keepmoat in charge of the Tom Hark button again. Press it 9 times and we go top if Oldham fail to score. That's not literally true of course. If Rovers league position was purely based on me pressing play on a cd player we'd be back to back Premiership Champions by now. We're not if you hadn't noticed.

Off to roll in rook pies now. A poet told me to do it so it must be benificial. Maybe an old Roman cure for manflu. I'll let you know Mark.

Laters

SS

Playlist Tuesday 27/11/12

Real Gone Kid - Deacon Blue
Jennifer - Little Comets
Black Chandelier - Biffy Clyro
Birdhouse In Your Soul - They Might Be Giants
Not Too Fussed - The Likely Lads
Quiet Night In - All The Young
It Must Be Love - Madness
Downbound Train - Bruce Springsteen
Wasted Time - The Undivided
Last Nite - The Strokes
You Know I'm No Good - Amy Winehouse
We Wear Our Bones - Bang Bang Romeo
Hold The Magic - Officer Kicks
Goodbye Kiss - Kasabian
Teenage Kicks - The Undertones
Run Right Back - The Black Keys
Hey Ho - The Beeds
Hands Off She's Mine - The Beat
Freakin' Out - Graham Coxon
Country House - Blur
Steppin' Out Queen - Van Morrison
I Will Wait - Mumford and Sons
Back Of My Hand - The Jags
These Days Are Mine - I Am Kloot
2-4-6-8 Motorway - Tom Robinson Band
It'a A Living Thing - ELO
Break On Through (To The Other Side) - The Doors
Keep The Faith - Bon Jovi
She Bangs The Drums - The Stone Roses
Always Like This - Bombay Bicycle Club
American Slang - The Gaslight Anthem
Is She Really Going Out With Him? - Joe Jackson
I Wish I Was Someone Better - Blood Red Shoes
Pretty In Pink - Psychedelic Furs
All Along The Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix
Pounding - Doves
Chevy Thunder - Spector
Jump - Van Halen  
Don't Stop - Rolling Stones


No comments:

Post a Comment