Monday 3 December 2012

BAIBS Monday 3/12/12

So it's Monday and it's cold. I know this cos every status on facebook this morning told me so. I'll be honest in the 2300 odd Mondays since I was born it no longer surprises me that Monday follows Sunday or that it's cold on December 3rd, especially given the weather people told us it would be. Can't wait for the snow. No-one has a facebook status saying it's reasonably mild with a steady north-easterly breeze.

I'm being harsh. I'm 44, been well over 6'4" for nearly 30 years and still forget to duck. I also can't walk any distance without my laces coming undone. And invariably fall over when I bend to re-tie them. If I can work out Monday follows Sunday you'd think I could work out those simple things too.

Well given it's a Monday that means we've just had a weekend.

 Friday night curry and beers for Rob Dannatt's birthday. Decided to do a tour of Sine presenters djing in town. First stop The Home Run's Mark Kelly working at La Barracca. Not my usual type of haunt. I scowl at all the people drinking stupid drinks and dancing to crap music. Then I have something that involves inhaling pure alcohol fumes and dance Gangnam Style. The NME listed Gangnam Style as the 50th best track of the year, stating that everyone had danced to it. I smugly read this on Friday morning thinking, 'Not me. I'm way too cool.' Ah well.

Next up Tiki Bar and Johnny Gibson from DJ Johnny G's Rock Spot (Sine FM, Friday, 2pm). More of the same only this time I have a White Russian in the desperate hope that people would think I'm The Dude from The Big Lebowski. Think people just thought that old fool should get a hair cut.

A desperate need for some 'proper' music required so Cask Corner to see The Dirty Dancefloors. Covers but quality covers by a very tight band. And my ego was boosted by 'Sine fm are in.We better be good.' They were. Someone thought I had mystical qualities by predicting the next song they played. They never seen a set list?

Saturday I lazed. A lot. Till Saturday night for Burlesque at The Sun Inn. Dancing girls and fake snow. What more is there?

Sunday cleared out the cellar and forgot I was 6'5 lots of times. Said goodbye to my vinyl again. One day your time will come.

Got verbally poleaxed by a window cleaner this morning. Frenchgate centre at 6.30am. I walk past and wittily say,'You've missed a bit.' 'Where?' he asks and that's it. He's got me. I either point out his shoddy workmanship on a window I've not even looked at or admit I've made the lamest of jokes that he's probably heard thousands of times. Either way I'm shamefaced. I pretend I cant hear because of my ipod and walk on.

I now have to go gmarketing. More on that tomorrow when I've worked out what it is.

Laters

SS

Playlist Monday 3/12/12

Forgotten Town - The Christians
Don't Know Why - The Beeds
45 - The Gaslight Anthem
Panic - The Smiths
Fortune Teller - The 48ks
Dreaming Of You - The Coral
Christmas, Baby Please Come Home - U2
The Eton Rifles - The Jam
Ruby Soho - Rancid
It's The End Of The World As We Know It - REM
Adore Me Dear - Bang Bang Romeo
Blue Skinned Beast - Madness
2000 Miles - The Pretenders
Seek It - Richard Hawley
The Killing Moon - Echo and the Bunnymen
When We Was Fab - George Harrison
Monkey Gone To Heaven - Pixies
Gimme The Sign - The Enemy
Flashlight - The Pilots
Buck Rogers - Feeder
Just Like A Woman - Black Spiders
Mary - The Adulescents UK
Fishing For A Dream - Turin Brakes
Best Of Friends - Palma Violets
Shine On - The House Of Love
Cant Take My Eyes Off Of You - Andy Williams
Common People - Pulp
Hounds Of Love - Kate Bush
Could You Be Loved - Bob Marley
Last Christmas - White Valentine
Black Chandelier - Biffy Clyro
Motorcycle Emptiness - Manic Street Preachers
Neighbourhood #1 (Tunnels) - Arcade Fire
Pump It Up - Elvis Costello
Uprising - Muse
Stop Your Crying - Spiritualized
Paranoid - Black Sabbath
The Road To Hell - Chris Rea
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers

2 comments:

  1. Think i'm buying you a nice "Bob the Builder" style hard hat for Christmas....not so much to protect your head but to make you look even more uncool partaking of PSY(Si)jigging to Gangnam Style..u big fool!;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :-)It'll be most welcome

    ReplyDelete