Wednesday 16 October 2013

BAIBS Wednesday 16/10/13

Oh another late blog. Many apologies. I've just got today totally wrong basically.

I don't like to plan. Spontaneous, and all the derivatives thereof,  are my favourite words. Obviously most days have inbuilt planning. Today for example was: radio, blog, sort tomorrow's show, nap, shop, work. Now certain aspects are set in stone, radio and work, but the rest has a degree of flexibility. This was were I started going wrong. 

Punk band, The Fencesitters (nearly had a Freudian slip there), practice here a couple of afternoons a week. Today's nap was a necessity. Watching England (and apologies to the Ukrainian and Polish readers here) is draining. That's why I was tired. Nothing to do with the several pints of moonshine I had in the Tut last night. Now the band normally start at 1ish so I figured I'd bring the nap forward and do this blog and the show planning later. I needn't have bothered. Spyder got kicked off the bus on the way in for objecting to the driver plodding along at a woeful 15 miles an hour. I could relay the text but this is a family blog.

So the nap that could have waited overran but I still had an hour and a half before work. This laptop then decided yet again it didn't want to play. It's still struggling. It's just deleted everything and I've had to start again so I'm sorry if any choice lines didn't make the second edition but I've forgot them. Plan B then. A quick dash to the supermarket to watch chavs discipline their kids.

Oh and to buy coffee whitener. There are certain things in my life I can't do without. I did just do a list but deleted it 'cos it doesn't show me in a good light at all but coffee whitener was on there. I'm absolutely certain that someone somewhere gets paid millions to arrange the layout for supermarket aisles. All kinds of psychology involved. They're probably American. (Sorry Jack and Darrin. Hey, I just got that. Little ditty about etc etc).  So in which decrepit pit of hell did someone decide that the obvious place for coffee whitener is adjacent to the eggs and as far away from the coffee as it is possible to get? 

So after all that this is why I'm blogging at work. Don't tell my boss. Except I just have. Sorry Paul. Ale trail next Tuesday?

Have you ever seen a duck in a tree? Random I know but the ending of a conversation I've just had as to whether weather like this is good weather for ducks or are they sat on their ponds majorly pissed off at getting wet from both sides and we just presume they're happy whilst they quietly ponder the joys of a roof.

Right, work to do.

Laters

SS

Playlist Wednesday 16/10/13

Ukranian.

What!!!!? I copied and pasted today's playlist and this laptop has decided that Ukranian is it. Lots of balalaika music I guess. It's not even spelt right. Let's try that again.

The Mighty Ship - The Housemartins
Mirror In The Bathroom - The Beat
A Ton Of Love - Editors
Tick Tick Boom - The Hives
Spinning Plates - Middleman
Front Row - The Fallows
By Your Hand - Los Campesinos
Teenage Icon - The Vaccines
Rebel Yell - Billy Idol
Drip Fed Fred - Madness
Lady Percy - King Charles
Fluorescent Adolescent - Arctic Monkeys
Common People - Pulp
Lost Innocent World - Gogol Bordello
Bassline - Reverend And The Makers

SUDDENLY US - LIVE

Are You Easy To Please

Lose It All - Suddenly Us
Dave - Missing Andy
Jack And Diane - John Mellencamp
Elysium - Section 60
When It All Comes Down - The Icicle Works
Out In The Fields - Gary Moore And Phil Lynott
Rango - Catfish And The Bottlemen
If Ever I Stray - Frank Turner
Thou Shalt Always Kill - dan le sac Vs Scroobius Pip
Gold - Spandau Ballet
Mexican Man - The Penny Lovers
Take Her Back - The Pigeon Detectives
Mothers Of The Disappeared - U2
Black And White Town - Doves
Enter Sandman - Metallica
Psycho Killer - Talking Heads
This Is Real - The Enemy
Cabron - Red Hot Chili Peppers
(All I Wanted Was) Danger - The Milk
The Heinrich Maneuver - Interpol
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers

No comments:

Post a Comment