Monday 14 October 2013

BAIBS Monday 14/10/13

For someone who doesn't like to swear on here I'm gonna do it again! I'm so glad last week's done one. Spent far too much time cleaning up shit both literally and metaphorically.

And I keep mentioning the perils of bar work. It was gonna be a whole blog at one point but realised I'd just sound like a moaning git so I promise this will be the last mention of it. Just to say we have beds to go to as well on a night time. I'll work as late as needed if the beer (and cash) is flowing but if you're gonna sit there nursing your cordial til the early hours then pubs probably aren't the place for you.

Uneventful morning so far apart from the bloke who walked past me in the market place carrying a bucket. The way he was carrying it and walking so slowly lead me to believe it was some kind of toxic waste. Sadly there was a lid on the bucket so I couldn't peek in and I was loathe to stop him and ask as he was full on, tongue out, concentrating on walking.

Concentrating on walking. A lesson I could learn from. I'm gonna blame my height and a misplaced centre of gravity but the wet pavement/leaf combo caused me much grief this morning. It's become obvious to me that I just can't carry things and walk at the same time without some kind of mishap. Twice I nearly went flying. Three times I nearly walked into a lamppost. That's three different lampposts, not the same one three times. That really would be a worry. I nearly took a window cleaner out who was up his ladders. And I walked into the back of an old man who was surveying pipes. The smoking kind. I have a pipe, kindly donated by one of our regulars. I haven't a clue what to do with it. Useless.

Joined again on today's show by the annoyingly talented John Lennon McCullagh. I say annoyingly, it's pure jealousy. 15 years old and his debut album is released today on no less than Alan McGee's new label. It's a stunning achievement and I'd wish him luck but I really don't think he's gonna need it.

I'm outta here. I feel the need for coffee, bacon and a read of Pipes For Dummies.

Laters

SS

Playlist Monday 14/10/13

The Mighty Ship - The Housemartins
My Hero - Foo Fighters
Always Like This - Bombay Bicycle Club
It's Raining - Darts
The First Picture Of You - The Lotus Eaters
Antarctica - Sound Of Guns
Geraldine - Glasvegas
Corpses In Their Mouth - Ian Brown
You've Got The Love - Florence And The Machine
Millionaires - Famous Villains
Forever In Your Debt - The Slow Readers Club
Mary's Prayer - Danny Wilson
747 (Strangers In The Night) - Saxon
Midnight Wave - Two Wounded Birds
I Don't Feel Amazing Now - Guillemots
Long, Long Way - John Lennon McCullagh
North South Divide - John Lennon McCullagh
Cassius - Foals
The Selecter - The Selecter
Do I Wanna Know? - Arctic Monkeys
Night Mail - Public Service Broadcasting
Turn It On Again - Genesis
Tonight - Fluidity
Never Knew Your Name - Madness
Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This) - The Eurythmics
Saturn 5 - Inspiral Carpets
Hyperactive - Thomas Dolby
Valentine - Gbone
Love Will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division
Island In The Sun - Weezer
Sexuality - Billy Bragg
Heroes - David Bowie
Wild Wild Life - Talking Heads
Move It - Cliff Richard
Lead The Way - The 48ks
Birthday - Paul Weller
Fictional State -To Kill A King
Sidewinder - Catfish And The Bottlemen
Bigmouth Strikes Again - The Smiths
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers


No comments:

Post a Comment