Monday 21 October 2013

BAIBS Monday 21/10/13

Go on then Saynor. What's today's excuse for late blogging? I'm going with tiredness (again) and pottering.

Got a whole day off today which obviously means I've not stopped. But it's been mostly pottering. Unfortunately the pottering that involved venturing outside coincided with the heavens opening so I'm sporting the drowned Bee Gee look again today.

Had a stunningly hectic weekend starting off with the Catfish And The Bottlemen/Polkadodge gig on Friday night at The Plug, Sheffield. As I said in Friday's blog and many times on the show Catfish are simply one of the best live bands I've EVER seen. Friday night they were better than ever. It'll be a shame to see them move away from the smaller venues but bigger things beckon. You really should see them live ASAP, to whit, they are at The Leopard on Oct 31st with Bang Bang Romeo. Had a drunken duet with Starsie from BBR to Adore Me on Saturday night. That's a box ticked. Back to Friday's gig and support band Polkadodge. Another quality outfit that really gave Catfish a run for their money. That's how good they are. A gig of the year if ever there was one.

Saturday was just crazy. Leopard was rammed both upstairs and down. Bar work on a busy night is just the best job in the world. And this week's genius customer award goes to the chap who I had this interaction with:

Him: What bottled beers have you got?

Me: Bud, Corona or Desperado.

Him: Can I have a Becks please.

Me: We've only got Bud, Corona or Desperado mate.

Him: Can I have a Peroni then please.

Me: Not got it mate. Bud, Corona or Desperado.

Him: Heineken?

Me: Who's next please?

And I missed out on judging a burlesque competition to have conversations like that. I still maintain everyone should spend one week of their life behind a bar.

Shortish blog today as the pottering continues. Washing's in and I've some beds to move. I have 6 beds in my room. No I don't know either. To be more accurate it.s 5 bed bases and 7 mattresses. The 48ks want to store some gear here so I said I'd move some beds around. Last time I moved a bed though I destroyed a laptop. Stand well back people.

Laters

SS

Playlist Monday 21/10/13

The Mighty Ship - The Housemartins
Motorcycle Emptiness - Manic Street Preachers
Tomorrow - James
Rango - Catfish And The Bottlemen
The Other Way - Polkadodge
Two Doors Down - Mystery Jets
North-South Divide - John Lennon McCullagh
Wherever I Lay My Hat - Paul Young
Straight To Hell - The Clash
Night Mail - Public Service Broadcasting
Cemetry - Bang Bang Romeo
When The Sun Goes Down - Arctic Monkeys
Cure - The Missing Pages
The Prayer - Bloc Party
Never Fade Away - Spector
Mother - Travis
Sex - The 1975
Enjoy The Silence - Depeche Mode
Bikini Girls With Machine Guns - The Cramps
Bam Bam - King Charles
Wrecking Ball - Bruce Springsteen
Recover - Dexters

LIAM WALKER - LIVE SESSION

A War
Only Love 

Permanent - Section 60
That's All - Genesis
Rock 'n' Roll Star - Genesis
Blinded By The Light - Manfred Mann's Earth Band
End Of The Century - Blur
So Long - Taffy
Babylon's Burning - The Ruts
World Shut Your Mouth - Julian Cope
Reward - The Teardrop Explodes
Quiet Night In - All The Young
Goodbye Mr. A - The Hoosiers
Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay - Otis Redding
Soul Man - Sam And Dave
Drinking In L.A. - Bran Van 3000
Faces - The Ratells
Country Girl - Primal Scream
Midnight Wave - Two Wounded Birds
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers

No comments:

Post a Comment