Friday 25 October 2013

BAIBS Friday 25/10/13

Manic. That's the only way to describe today's show. I was joined by Anastasia Walker, best singer in Donny, front lady for one of Donny's finest - Bang Bang Romeo, good friend and, it would appear, famously gay. I've always liked to think that me and Starsie have a good line in banter. Today we covered man crushes (mine's Grohl, her's is Catfish And The Bottlemen), the use of eggs in war instead of guns, the history of coca-cola and how Starsie's is an unsackable barmaid. The usual format of the show went out the window and given how loose that format is kinda says it all really.

When I first started on the show, November 2009 I believe, there were 3 of us presenting. Actually I just sat in a corner reading bits out from the paper such as a story about strange things found in sewers, the strangest being a horse, a definite two flusher, and moaning about the music, JLS, Cheryl Cole etc. Dreadful. We then became 4, then briefly 5, back to 4, then 3, then 2 and then just me. That was when the music changed and the show took on the 'no other bugger plays this at breakfast' format. I've said many a time all I do is play music I love and hope I'm not the only one. But I do miss having someone to feed off. The times Mark Kelly has joined me are always fun and today's show showed me just how much I do miss a co-host. But, as it is, I'm in sole charge of the play list and that suits me perfectly. If I thought for one minute Stars could get to Sine FM Towers for 7am in the morning she'd get the gig but as awesome as she is she travels in a wake of unreliability. Love her to bits though.

Last night's pub snippet:

It's very nice. Is it carrot cake?

One regular's response to trying some of Lady Punka's chocolate concrete. It's gorgeous stuff and immensely dunkable. Carrot cake!! Prat!!!

Well I've gotta go. Need to do some office shenanigans, get some real ale flowing, nap, see the lovely Tracey, work and rock out to The AVIT Blues band later. In that order I think too. Oh and shop as well. The two missed items from yesterday's shopping trip, the two I really needed, remain unbought.

Before that though I have to remove a dead gazelle from the pub car park. Probably brought down by a herd of majestic wildebeest sweeping in from Printing Office Street.

Hang on.

Scratch that.

It's a dead gazebo. Probably brought down by wind and rain sweeping in from the East. Nowhere near as exotic.

Don't use guns, use eggs.

Laters

SS

Playlist Friday 25/10/13

The Mighty Ship - The Housemartins
Everlong - Foo Fighters
Kings For The Weekend - Missing Andy
Bubbles - Biffy Clyro
Talking Woman Blues - The AVIT Blues Band
Made Of Stone - The Stone Roses
La La Love You - Pixies
Geraldine - Glasvegas
Friday Night - The Talks
Shout To The Top - The Style Council
You Are The Everything - R.E.M.
Always Like This - Bombay Bicycle Club
Medicine Show - Big Audio Dynamite
Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall - Coldplay (with apologies to Jackie Sherwood AND Nicole Harper)
Theme From PSB - Public Service Broadcasting
Kennedy - The Wedding Present
New Rose - The Damned
You Really Got Me - The Kinks
I Don't Feel Amazing Now - Guillemots
Spies - Famous Villains
Everything - The Darlingtons
We Take Care Of Our Own - Bruce Springsteen
Gone, Gone, Gone - Robert Plant & Alison Krauss
Friday, I'm In Love - The Cure
The Dead Of Night - The Tricks
Common People - Pulp
Lead The Way - The 48ks
Cemetry (An Ode To The IRS) - Bang Bang Romeo
Sidewinder - Catfish And The Bottlemen
Chipping Away - Middleman
Parklife - Blur
Lies - Deap Vally
Bring On The Dancing Horses - Echo And The Bunnymen
Hit The North - The Fall
Teenage Kicks - The Undertones
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers

No comments:

Post a Comment