Friday 18 October 2013

BAIBS Friday 18/10/13

I like to think I'm reasonably intelligent. I got into Cambridge at 14. Admittedly on a coach heading to The Abbey Stadium to see Rovers play Cambridge United but I digress. For a reasonably intelligent bloke I have some twonkish moments.

I was outside this morning having my obligatory 6am coffee and cigarette and getting wet thinking this is very localised rain. Trafford Way looked dry. It was then I realised I was stood under a hanging basket whilst the automatic sprinkler system did it's work.

And recently I got very confused by a light switch in the pub. I came downstairs (6am obligatory etc etc) and turned the light on at the bottom of the stairs and walked into the bar. The light above the bar was on. I cursed whoever had worked the previous evening, realised it was me and forgave myself putting it down to tiredness and turned the bar light off. Made my coffee and headed out for the cigarette part of the morning ritual. The light was off at the bottom of the stairs. Could have sworn I'd switched it on. I put it down to tiredness and turned it on again. Back inside and the bar light's on again. It took me a good 5 minutes to realise both switches do both set of lights. I put it down to tiredness. Though I decide who ever came up with that idea was a genius.

We briefly mentioned geniuses yesterday which lead to a text discussion with a friend about how we automatically associate the word genius with someone highly intelligent. But there are plenty of sportsmen, musicians etc who could well have the I.Q. of a dead slug but we still tag them genius. I'd look genius up in the dictionary but I'm just too lazy. I put it down to tiredness.

So what does the weekend have in store? Tonight is all about Polkadodge and Catfish And The Bottlemen at The Plug in Sheffield. Catfish are simply one of the best live bands I've ever seen. Got 'em here at the Leopard on the 31st too. Happy days. The rest of the weekend will be a combination of sleep and work. That's the plan anyway.

Laters

SS

Playlist Friday 18/10/13

The Mighty Ship - The Housemartins
Two Tribes - Frankie Goes To Hollywood
Soul Uncensored - Section 60
Year Of The Drone - Little Mono
The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonight - R.E.M.
Rango - Catfish And The Bottlemen
Heavyweight Champion Of The World - Reverend And The Makers
Tantalise - Jimmy The Hoover
American Slang - The Gaslight Anthem
Fall Back Down - Rancid
Special Brew - Bad Manners
Changing Of The Seasons - Two Door Cinema Club
My Very Favourite Stalker - The Adulescents UK
America - Razorlight
Oblivion - Terrorvision
All Together Now - The Farm
Slumville Sunrise - Jake Bugg
Here Comes Your Man - Pixies
Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick - Ian Dury And The Blockheads
Lucy The Castle - Twisted Wheel
The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song - Flaming Lips
Paradise City - Guns 'n' Roses
Be My Yoko Ono - Barenaked Ladies
Lost In The Supermarket - The Clash

TONY NICHOLSON (Passion Play) - LIVE

Riding Trains
Love On A Razor Edge

Talking To Myself - Passion Play
Men's Needs - The Cribs
Johnny B. Goode - Chuck Berry
Poker Face - You Me At Six
Sally Cinnamon - The Stone Roses
Down In The Tube Station At Midnight - The Jam
Open Up Your Door - Richard Hawley
Faster - Manic Street Preachers
Pumping On Your Stereo - Supergrass
Ripples - The Coopers
Slight Return - The Bluetones
Lead The Way - The 48ks
Destiny Calling - James
Carnival - The Cardigans
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers 

No comments:

Post a Comment