Thursday 17 October 2013

BAIBS Thursday 17/10/11

Time management. Not my forte quite obviously but these last two days have shown me to be woefully inadequate in that department. At least I get where I'm meant to be at the time I'm meant to be there. Mostly. It's getting all the things done in-between I'm struggling with. Thing is, I'm easily distra

Anyway, been a busy day. I wont furnish you with the details. For some reason I thought that should say garnish with the details but that makes no sense. Who puts parsley on a detail?  Anyway it's been a busy but rewarding and productive day. Tantalised yet? No? Figured as much.

This blog is in danger of becoming a repeat of all this week's blogs what with the lack of planning leading to shoddy time management and now I'm gonna mention stereotypes again.  Stereotypes annoy me. It's too obvious and shouldn't really happen. But I was on a train today and a chap sat opposite with the most ridiculous high forehead. His hairline started about two inches above the nape of his neck. Remember the tefal adverts? The whole all geniuses are slapheads thing? He looked like that. With horn-rimmed glasses. He opened some paperwork up and it was just a mass of numbers, letters and mathematical symbols.It was all Greek to me. Turns out he's a lecturer at Oxford University. I presume in maths. If it was history then I'm seriously confused.

Ah customers.

Customer: Can I have a double vodka and something please?

Me: Wanna give me a clue mate?

Him: Just something. Anything. Not ice though. Or coke.

Me: Lemonade?

Him: OK and can I have change for the pool table please.

Me: £4 please.

He then gives me the right money.

Him: Where's my change for the table?

Me: You gave me the right money.

Him: But I need change for the table.

Me: Well give me a quid mate and I'll change it for you.

Him: Why?

Brilliant. Both ends of the evolutionary scale today.

Anyway, gotta dash.

Laters

SS

The Mighty Ship - The Housemartins
Cum On Feel The Noize - Slade
Alright - Supergrass
Keep The Car Running - Arcade Fire
Uptown Top Ranking - Althea And Donna
You And Your Ego - Hail To The Eskimo
A Message To You Rudy - The Specials
Goodbye Kiss - Kasabian
Love Is A Wonderful Colour - The Icicle Works
Drink, Dance, Play - Young Kato
Changing Of The Seasons - Two Door Cinema Club
Hong Kong Garden - Siouxsie And The Banshees
Al Capone - Prince Buster
Madness - Madness
Hotel Room - Richard Hawley
My Hero - Foo Fighters
Not Too Young - The Tricks
Chi-Town - The Cribs
A Certain Romance - Arctic Monkeys
Police And Thieves - The Clash
Spies - Famous Villains
It Must Be Love - Madness
Bring On The Dancing Horses - Echo And The Bunnymen
Einstein A Go-Go - Landscape
Antarctica - Sound Of Guns
Jungleland - Bruce Springsteen
To Be Like - China Rats
Adore Me - Bang Bang Romeo
Ready Or Not - The Fugees
Kennedy - The Wedding Present
Fisherman's Blues - The Waterboys
You Held The World In Your Arms - Idlewild
Saviour - Canterbury
The Universal - Blur
Ruby Soho - Rancid
Miracle Worker - Superheavy
International Bright Young Thing - Jesus Jones
Silent Sigh - Badly Drawn Boy
Mind - The farm
Animal Nitrate - Suede
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers





No comments:

Post a Comment