Wednesday 9 October 2013

BAIBS Tuesday 08/10/11

Добрай раніцы. That's for all you Belarusians out there.

Ok we're a bit all over the place here. No show Monday due to migraine issues. Show yesterday but no blog and no show today all to do with things you don't really want to know about but if I had a fan it would now be brown.

So in effect this a blog done on a Wednesday just here to put Tuesday's playlist up.

This blog goes out to May Cousins. 73 years old and by all accounts my number one fan . May is the mother of my very good friend Dean Cousins, drummer extraordinaire and the man behind DrumBeat Studios. Dean and I (that's 10cc isn't it) have a serious bromance going on, mostly based around our love of music, even if he is a prog-rock Rush fan. We had what I call a Levellers moment when I saw him Saturday night. I can't be arsed to explain what a Levellers moment is so if you really want to know just ask. We were at a 21st birthday party and I happened to mention that Bucks Fizz's Land Of Make Believe is still one of my favourite songs. Dean spent ten minutes explaining how it's actually a prog-rock song (excessive key changes and drum fills or something) and then, somewhat bizarrely, the song started playing as it was one of the birthday girl (Catt Rushby)'s favourites too. All very odd. You're wrong though Dean. Jay Aston everytime.

And May, we should go for sherry sometime.

I've mentioned before how I have no real set list and just make the show up as I go along but do sometimes get inspiration from the strangest places. I was texting a friend during yesterday's show saying I couldn't think of anything to blog about. She suggested pigeons as the day before I'd told her to check out Daniel Kitson's stand up about pigeons. (Youtube it - you wont regret it). This didn't help my blog but the next song I played was Kicking Pigeons by [spunge].

A stunning gig last night at The Leopard. Seriously check out Canterbury and LaFontaines. They are gonna be huge. Admittedly, and not at all related to the bands, the night was marred by the things flying at the fan issue.

Speaking of which I better go and try and clean said fan.

Laters

SS

Playlist Tuesday 08/10/13

The Mighty Ship - The Housemartins
Teenage Kicks - The Undertones
Come Home - James
Adore Me - Bang Bang Romeo
Turning Japanese - The Vapors
Pink Houses - John Mellencamp
Motorcycle Emptiness - Manic Street Preachers
Police And Thieves - The Clash
You Are The One - Canterbury
Hoppipolla - Sigur Ros
Sex - The 1975
Kings Of The Wild Frontier - Adam And The Ants
Crocodiles - Echo And The Bunnymen
This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody) - Talking Heads
Getting Away With It - Electronic
Is Vic There? - Department S
Black Man Ray - China Crisis
VPL - Gbone
Under China - Auction For The Promise Club
You Can Call Me Al - Paul Simon
Acquiesce - Oasis
High And Dry - Radiohead
Rebirth - Yuck
The Dean And I - 10cc
Cry - Godley And Creme
Hands Off, She's Mine - The Beat
Mardy Bum - Arctic Monkeys
Spirit Of The Radio - Rush
Spies - Famous Villains
I Always Knew - The Vaccines
Between Times - Blessa
Undercover Martyn - Two Door Cinema Club
First Time Caller - White Lies
Tusk - Fleetwood Mac
Not Too Young - The Tricks
The KKK Took My Baby Away - The Ramones
Union City Blue - Blondie
Keep In The Dark - Temples
Brand New Friend - Lloyd Cole And The Commotions
Kicking Pigeons - [spunge]
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers

No comments:

Post a Comment