Friday 29 March 2013

BAIBS Friday 29/03/13

Good Friday. Two things have always puzzled me about this day. What is so good about it? A lot of firms don't even treat it as a bank holiday anymore. That's not good. And the guy who got nailed to a couple of planks of wood this day over 2000 years ago can't have found it in the least bit good. And how come it moves? I've mentioned this before. Surely the day Jesus died is a specific date. Not just a Friday sometime in March or April. While we're talking Easter, as a child my birthday once fell on Easter Sunday and a kindly aunt got me an Easter egg for my birthday. That is surely a major cop out. Not even a flash one. Bog standard Smarties. She had wrapped it though which was nice.

It's the weekend again. Quiet one for me though. What with dodgy finances and the start of the Even Bigger Show on Monday I'm hopefully having a relaxing one. Gutted though cos Bang Bang Romeo are at The Priory tonight. No Tom Harking either. Easter is traditionally the time when the football season all falls into place. Rovers away at Coventry today and home to 2nd place Swindon on Monday. By the time Rovers kick off on Monday (12.15) we'll have done 0.053125 of our 80 hour broadcast. Rob will have to Tom Hark on his own. And have my piece of Yorkshire pie. Still very tight at the top of League One, 8 points separate the top 7 teams and Rovers have 7 games left. Realistically I'd say it's a 4 horse race for the top 2 promotion spots (Rovers, Swindon, Sheff Utd and Brentford) but it's definitely what they call squeaky bum time. But ,theoretically, given the lack of blogs next week Rovers could be promoted the next time I blog!

I'm presuming my next blog will be sometime next weekend.  Won't have chance while the big show's on and can't see me being compos mentis next Friday. So maybe next Saturday but don't hold your breath.

Had a cracking chat with Hail To The Eskimo on this morning's show. They're a band I've heard about for years and never had chance to properly hear til today. Only got one live tune out of them cos Sally had caught a cold just in time for the long weekend but she still sounded amazing. Cant wait to hear her firing on all cylinders.

Gotta go. Need to sort my clothes out for next week. Just what to pack for an 80 hour radio show? As per I'm clueless.

Laters

SS

Playlist Friday 29/03/13

Tom Hark - The Piranhas
Banana Republic - The Boomtown Rats
Kings For The Weekend - Missing Andy
Flashlight - The Pilots
Days Are Forgotten - Kasabian
Radioactive - Kings Of Leon
Hold Me - Tom Odell
This Is Real - The Enemy
It's Alright, It's OK - Primal Scream
Undercover Martyn - Two Door Cinema Club
My Very Favourite Stalker - The Adulescents UK
45 - The Gaslight Anthem
Sparky's Dream - Teenage Fanclub
Diamonds Are Forever - Arctic Monkeys
Waterfall - The Stone Roses
The Dancing Song - Little Comets
At Least Those Kids Are Getting Fed - China Rats
Truth - Bloc Party
Love And Affection - Joan Armatrading
Follow Baby - Peace
Antarctica - Sound Of Guns
Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now - The Smiths
I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance - Black Kids
The Stars (Are Out Tonight) - David Bowie
Chemicals - Bang Bang Romeo
Hunger - Frankie And The Heartstrings
Cold Outside - You Addiction
Ripple - The Coopers
Love In Outer Space - Hail To The Eskimo
Tears (Live) - Hail To The Eskimo
You And Your Ego - Hail To The Eskimo
It Starts And Ends With You - Suede
Slide Away - Oasis
Lonely Boy - The Black Keys
Transmission - Joy Division
No More Heroes - The Stranglers
Everything - The Darlingtons
Midnight Wave - Two Wounded Birds
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers


1 comment: