Wednesday 13 March 2013

BAIBS Wednesday 13/03/13

According to the stats there's 12 people in Germany reading this blog right now. Guten Tag. Hope you enjoy. Sorry about all the cricket bits. In your honour we'll have full German translations today.

Laut der Statistik gibt es 12 Menschen in Deutschland diesen Blog lesen richtig. Guten Tag. Hoffen ihr  genießen. Entschuldigung um den Cricket-Bits. In deiner Ehre müssen wir volle deutschen Übersetzungen heute.

Another failed attempt to give blood again today.

Ein weiterer gescheiterter Versuch, wieder Blut heute geben.

Got the txt last week, 'please come down to the Keepmoat stadium to donate blood.' No times, just a date. Got there and all 20 nurses were on their lunch. I'd have to wait for an hour and a half. Well I've spent enough time bored in football stadiums in my life so sod that. Try again next time. I'm sure my blood's very nice. Just no-one seems to want it.

Haben Sie die txt letzte Woche, bitte kommen Sie bis zum Keepmoat Stadion, Blut zu spenden. Keine Zeit, nur ein Datum. Dort ankamen und alle 20 Krankenschwestern waren auf ihr Mittagessen. Ich müsste für eine Stunde und eine Hälfte warten. Nun, ich habe genug Zeit in Fußballstadien in meinem Leben langweilig verbrachte so sod, dass. Versuchen Sie beim nächsten Mal wieder. Ich bin sicher, mein Blut ist sehr nett. Nur niemand scheint es zu wollen.

Ah, the Germans have gone. They'll have to translate for themselves later. Although memories of a school exchange trip tell me that the Germans' mastering of English is far better than my knowledge of German. Or English for that matter.

Quite a surreal show this morning. Having a chat on twitter with renowned author Mr. Richard Pierce about sidekicks and I mentioned I wanted to be Hong Kong Phooey's sidekick. The cat who's name I'd forgot. Turns out it's Spot. Think I managed to get all the lyrics of the Hong Kong Phooey theme music into the show somewhere. For prosperity they are:

 Hong Kong Phooey, number one super guy. 
Hong Kong Phooey, quicker than the human eye. 

He's got style, a groovy style, 
and a car that just won't stop. 
When the going gets tough, he's really rough, 
with a Hong Kong Phooey chop.  

Hong Kong Phooey, number one super guy. 
Hong Kong Phooey, quicker than the human eye. 
Hong Kong Phooey, he's fanriffic.

and just in case:

Hong Kong Pfui, die Nummer eins super Typ.
Hong Kong Pfui, schneller als das menschliche Auge.

Er hat Stil, eine groovy Stil bekam,
und ein Auto, das einfach nicht zu stoppen.
Wenn es hart auf hart kommt, ist er wirklich rau,
mit einem Hong Kong Pfui hacken.

Hong Kong Pfui, die Nummer eins super Typ.
Hong Kong Pfui, schneller als das menschliche Auge.
Hong Kong Pfui, er fanriffic.

Hong Kong Phooey himself retweeted me. OK I'm under no illusions. It was probably a fake account and not the real Hong Kong Phooey.

While were at it there was a quality R n' B band in Donny back in the 80s named after the Dr. Feelgood song Hong Kong Money. They played in The George (Courtyard) one night and the, rather drunk, landlady introduced then as Hong Kong Phooey. It kinda stuck after that. 

I have no idea why all this came about. I can only blame it on tiredness. Blame James Patterson. The author. Started reading one of his books last night. It says on the back, 'The pages turn themselves' - The Daily Mail. They don't. I sat there for about an hour and not one page turned so I resorted to the old fashioned way and did it myself. I know, how dense can anyone be believing anything The Daily Mail says. Incidentally I once knew a girl called Paige Turner. And one called Theresa Green. It's true. It's a good un though and a little bit unputdownable. That is a word. I know cos I just made it up. 

Speaking of books, Fonzie was in town yesterday. Yep, Henry Winkler doing a book signing at a well known bookshop. No, the other one. That's it. I thought about going along but I knew I'd be stuck for words and just end up saying 'Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy' and I'm sure he'd have heard that before.

Well enough from me.

Laters

(Späters)

SS

ß                  (oh someone please get that joke ;-) )

Playlist Wednesday 13/03/13

Tom Hark - The Piranhas
Transmission - Joy Division
Bad Mood - The Vaccines
Pretty Vacant - The Sex Pistols
Do You Realize? - The Flaming Lips
Retreat - Mynas
The Middle - Jimmy Eat World
Am I Missing? - Dashboard Confessional
Days Are Forgotten - Kasabian
There She Goes - The La's
Star - James
Feel Like This - Missing Andy
My Very Favourite Stalker - The Adulescents UK
Dog Eat Dog - Adam And The Ants
(Love Is Like A) Heatwave - Martha Reeves And The Vandellas
Long Hot Summer - The Style Council
Burn - Iggy And The Stooges
Step On - Happy Mondays
Like A Dancer - The Enemy
It Starts And Ends With You - Suede
Just To See You Run - Bang Bang Romeo
Oceans - Dexters
Lost In The Supermarket - The Clash
Slumdog Millionaire - The Beeds
Rip It Up - Orange Juice
Fortune Teller - The 48ks
Interiors - Manic Street Preachers
Stand By Me - John Lennon
Hound Dog - Elvis Presley
Rattlesnakes - Lloyd Cole And The Commotions
Leather Jacket Love Song - The Cribs
The Only Living Boy In New Cross - Carter USM
Tonight Tonight - The Smashing Pumpkins
Forced To Run - Rita Payne
Sinful - Pete Wylie
Lemon - U2
New Year's Day - U2
Somebody Might Wave Back - The Waterboys
Mardy Bum - Arctic Monkeys
Folsom Prison Blues - Johnny Cash
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers







No comments:

Post a Comment