Wednesday 6 March 2013

BAIBS Wednesday 6/03/13

I'm having coffee and cheese. Literally. Decided to have some cheese and crackers and in the Taw Valley Cheddar slicing process a bit flew up and landed in my coffee. I'll be honest, it's not really working for me. Speaking of coffee and cheese there's a new deli/coffee shop opened near the market. I've not been in. I daren't. I love coffee. I love cheese. I've peeked through the window and they have a million cheeses. Honestly  A million. I'd never get out the place.

I am having a disastrous day food wise. Two banana incidents. Firstly during the show my banana broke in half with one half tumbling onto the studio floor. I've seen that floor. The five second rule goes straight out the window. Then I had a post gym banana. It had a hair in it. Not on it, but in it. How does that happen? I know we've all sat down for a meal at some point and found a hair in it. We just remove the hair, pretend it wasn't there and try and ignore the lank haired waiter with eczema and alopecia who seems to spend his time  running his hand through his hair after scratching his arse. We don't complain. We're British. BUT how does a hair get under a banana's skin. Must have annoyed it greatly. Needless to say I ate the banana.

Got my cod liver oil capsules. My knowledge of fish anatomy is limited. Fins, tail, eyes, gills. That's about it but I can't imagine a cod's liver is particularly big. These tablets are massive. Think each one may be an actual cod's liver.

I mentioned the other day about the landslip out Hatfield way and pondered the difference between a landslip and a landslide. I think I've got it. It depends if the slag heap, sorry, spoil heap meant to do it or not. If I'm walking on ice or a polished floor I will, without hesitation, attempt some kind of James Brown type slide. But if I'm walking and just take an unplanned tumble, which happens often, ice or no ice, then it is most definitely a slip. So we need to find out if the slag/spoil heap was having a Godfather Of Soul moment basically. I also intend to find out the difference between a slag heap and a spoil heap. The answer may be top shelf though.

I had a whole thing about The Simpsons in my head that I was gonna write about but it's gone. Must be an age thing. Hopefully I'll have it back by tomorrow.

Laters

SS

Playlist Wednesday 6/03/13

Tom Hark - The Piranhas
Signal 30 - Public Service Broadcasting
Town Called Malice - The Jam
After Hours - We Are Scientists
Broke Up The Family - The Milk
I Got Love - The King Blues
Poison - Alice Cooper
She's In Fashion - Suede
Chipping Away - Middleman
We Take Care Of Our Own - Bruce Springsteen
Why You Looking Back Down - You Addiction
When Doves Cry - Prince
Sexuality - Billy Bragg
Pretty Vacant - The Sex Pistols
Police And Thieves - The Clash
Kiss Tried To Kill Me - Black Spiders
Long Shot Kick De Bucket - The Pioneers
Everlong - Foo Fighters
Grounds For Divorce - Elbow
Valerie - The Zutons
Another Day - Tenek
Epic - Faith No More
Party - The Beeds
Recovery - Frank Turner
Wetsuit - The Vaccines
Skinny Genes - Eliza Doolittle
Our House - Madness
Ride - The Vines
Sing For The Deaf - Missing Andy
Slow Hands - Interpol
Naive - The Kooks
Back To Life - Soul II Soul
Too Much Too Young - The Specials
Bohemian Like You - The Dandy Warhols
Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
Men's Needs - The Cribs
Animal - The Pigeon Detectives
Firestarter - The Prodigy
Chevy Thunder - Spector
Midnight Wave - Two Wounded Birds
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers

No comments:

Post a Comment