Thursday 28 March 2013

BAIBS Thursday 28/03/13

Well the Central American following is coming on nicely. Hello Belize.

So, at risk of sounding all facebookish. this snow is rubbish. I don't mean in a please go away now way, although I wish it would. Telling the weather to go away is a bit King Cnutish. (Stop it)!!! I mean it's rubbish snow. It's not settling cos it's so light the wind is just blowing it around in little flurries. I think it's possible it was the briefest of snow showers and the wind's just keeping it blowing about. It's a bit like meteorological keepy uppy.

The cooking bacon went down well yesterday. It went in a dish I'm gonna call Colin. Seems as good a name as any. The recipe will be available on some website. Possibly.

It won't.

Short blog today. I'm squeezing in blogging between final biggest show ever arrangements. All witnesses in place. As well as (hopefully) claiming the official Guinness world record we're also raising money for charity, namely Bluebell Wood Children's Hospice. Donations can be made via paypal at http://www.sinefm.com/even_bigger_biggest_show_ever or we'll have a collection bucket in the studio. Call in, say hi, drop some money in the bucket and we'll play you a tune. I promise to drop my usual request rules i.e. if it's crap it won't get played. I will slag it off if it's deserving but we'll still play it.

I'm currently asking all the witnesses their favourite song and their guilty pleasure tune to play while they're in with us. It's a weird the whole guilty pleasure thing. It's nothing to do with guilt at all. If you felt really guilty about it you'd take that secret to the grave. It's more 'Hey look at me. I'm so diverse I just don't care'. So with that in mind my diverse musical pleasure for which I feel no guilt is Buck's Fizz's Land Of Make Believe. Someone recently claimed it to be an anti-war prog rock classic. I'm struggling to get my head round that. I just like the tune. Oh and Jay Aston in the video.

I'm going now before the recriminations start.

Laters

SS

Playlist Thursday 28/03/13

Tom Hark - The Piranhas
Keep The Car Running - Arcade Fire
Nobody's Diary - Yazoo
Not Too Young - The Tricks
Never Fade Away - Spector
I Can See Clearly Now - Jimmy Cliff
Ceremony - New Order
Elysium - Section 60
Special Brew - Bad Manners
Midnight Game - The Bedroom Hour
Time For Action - Secret Affair
The Eton Rifles - The Jam
All Together Now - The Farm
Sympathy For The Devil - The Rolling Stones
Mardy Bum - Arctic Monkeys
I Will Wait - Mumford And Sons
Anything Can Happen Tonight - Hail To The Eskimo
It's Alright, It's OK - Primal Scream
Local Boy In The Photograph - Stereophonics
Hit The North - The Fall
Poker Face - You Me At Six
What A Waste - Ian Dury And The Blockheads
Spinning Plates - Middleman
Diane Young - Vampire Weekend
Echo Beach - Martha And The Muffins
Shakespeare's Sister - The Smiths
Razor Blade Alley - Madness
Sacrilege - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Silver - Echo And The Bunnymen
Ideal World - The Christians
Here It Goes Again - OK Go
I Saw You Blink - Stornoway
Here Comes Your Man - Pixies
Boys Don't  Cry - The Cure
No One Knows - Queens Of The Stone Age
Silence Is Easy - Starsailor
Animal - The Pigeon Detectives
If I Had A Million Dollars - Barenaked Ladies
Mansize Rooster - Supergrass
Retreat - Mynas
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers



No comments:

Post a Comment