Friday 1 March 2013

BAIBS Friday 1/03/13

Are crumpets brain food? Ah. Gonna be another one of those blogs then.

So it's March which means Spring is in the air. It's my favourite season along with Summer, Autumn and Winter. Soon be the cricket season. I love cricket but I'm not gonna spend a whole blog defending it. If you don't like cricket you're wrong. End of. Come Spring my Granddad used to say 'Soon we'll hear the sound of leather on Brian Close.' Cricket fans of a certain age will be in stitches over that. For the rest of you, sorry. My Step-Dad's Spring saying was 'Ne'er cast a clout til May is out.' I never did find out what a clout is.  For even older cricket fans maybe it referred to former England Captain Peter May being dismissed.

March does mean a rapidly approaching birthday. 45th! Pigging hell. I'm starting to ache and I'm not sure the gym is making the aching limbs better or worse. (Hang on. March? Aching limbs? There's a song in that. I'll pass it on to The 48ks). I know I can't get out of a chair any more without some throaty, guttural moan. My best mate Ian swears by cod liver oil for the ageing joints. I'll try it but can't they find a better name? I mean. It's oil. From a liver. Of a cod! Who first thought to try the stuff? Has anyone tried rat intestine juice? It might be even better. Just call it bazinga juice or something though please.

Well I had an action packed weekend planned but it's all gone a bit pear shaped. (For pear shaped explanations see blog dated 1/02/13). Totally spoilt for choice too. Tonight was either September Girls and The Barristers at The Leopard or Rita Payne and Missing Pages at The Masons or The 48ks in Sheffield. Tomorrow was a rest day. Ish. Sunday was either The Horse and Groom for an acoustic afternoon and the Mo Bellamy album launch or Reg Meuross at The Leopard or The Dome for the Doncaster Blues Fest with The Avit Blues Band and Sunday night was gonna be the Me band (stupid name) and The Pilots at the Leopard. Loads going on. But thanks to a new government initiative and the incomprehensible jobs website they've stopped my money. I could rant but what's the point. Divide and conquer Dave, divide and conquer.

On a serious note though I'm sick of looking and getting knocked back so if anyone would like to offer me gainful employment I'd be most grateful.

I do still have the none Tom Harking to look forward to. Rovers at home to Hartlepool and hopefully consolidate our position at the top of League One. Does seem to be a poisoned chalice though, every team that's hit the top spot has then faltered. It's a horrible division.

Enough from me. Enjoy your weekend.

Laters

SS

Playlist Friday 1/03/13

Tom Hark - The Piranhas
Sally Cinnamon - The Stone Roses
The Bartender And The Thief - Stereophonics
In A Big Country - Big Country
Heart Will Haunt - The Bedroom Hour
Like A Dancer - The Enemy
Recover - Dexters
The Changingman - Paul Weller
Just Like A Woman - Black Spiders
Champagne Supernova - Oasis
Burn This City - Famous Villains
Common People - Pulp
Quiet Night In - All The Young
Let The Day Begin - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Reach Out I'll Be There - The Four Tops
Come Home - James
Kennedy - The Wedding Present
2013 - Primal Scream
Do Nothing - The Specials
Master Blaster - Stevie Wonder
Sacrilege - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Don't Know Why - The Beeds
Suicide Is Painless - Manic Street Preachers
Road Rage - Catatonia
Forced To Run - Rita Payne
Modern Love - David Bowie
Kings For The Weekend - Missing Andy
Wouldn't It Be Good - Nik Kershaw
Pyra - Missing Pages
After Hours - We Are Scientists
Up The Junction - Squeeze
Hate To Say I Told You So - The Hives
In The Mood - Glenn Miller
I Can See For Miles - The Who 
You Better You Bet - The Who
Men's Needs - The Cribs
Happy Hour - The Housemartins
Sheena Is A Punk Rocker - The Ramones
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers

No comments:

Post a Comment