Monday 4 March 2013

BAIBS Monday 4/03/13

So that was a weekend. A very quiet one. As mentioned on Friday the government have stopped my benefits. I know why now though. I received a letter addressed to insert name here saying I failed to attend insert course here on insert date here as requested by insert name here. If I wish to contest this decision I should reply by insert date here. This is systematic of how the unemployed are treated. I don't dispute some unemployed are happy to do nothing and not look for work but the majority of us don't want to be out of work. But the government want the working man to think that the unemployed guy next door is scrounging off you. I'll say again, divide and conquer!

Anyway I replied to the manager of the agency who sent the letter asking for his job as I'm capable of filling in the blanks.

Rant over I believe is what people say. So again, if anyone has any work going drop me a line. Though can I have the first week in April off please? Gonna be a bit busy doing an 80 hour show.

Back in September 2011 myself and Mark Kelly did a 72 hour radio show. A world record. Thus:


We raised a few thousand quid for charity and were happy with a job well done. We both said 'never again.' The previous record had been 54 hours. We set out to smash it and did. We honestly thought the record would stand. Since then many have tried and failed but the record has now gone. First a German radio station did 73 hours now a station in Middlesex has done 74 hours. If our record had been well beaten then I think we'd both have sat back and said fair enough but I think because they've just sneaked over the line we have a grim determination to smash it again. So 80 hours it is starting at 8am Monday April 1st. (I know)!!

It sounds nothing when you say it. 80 hours. 4 syllables. Piece of cake. It really isn't. Last time I nearly quit way before we got close to the record, at about 20 hours! And again around the 50 hour mark. Mark really struggled in the final few hours. After about 65 hours he was convinced he'd been banged up and had no idea why. We know the pitfalls this time so hopefully can achieve our goal. If you want to get involved, and we need all the help we can get, please get in touch. If you want to sponsor us there's a link at www.sinefm.com We need 2 witnesses at all times to officiate. Again if you fancy it drop me a line.

It's been on the news recently about the landslide near Hatfield. Is it a landslide or a landslip? I've seen both said. What's the difference? And apparently it's something to do with the spoil heap at the pit. Is that what used to be a slag heap? Or is that just not pc anymore?

Anyway, gotta go. There's a stack of pots with my name on them. Had alphabetti spaghetti for lunch.

Laters

SS

Playlist Monday 4/03/13

Tom Hark - The Piranhas
Sound And Vision - David Bowie
Hot In The City - Billy Idol
As Good As It Gets - Gene
Where The Streets Have No Name - U2
Acquiesce - Oasis
Give Up - Miles Kane
Place Your Hands - Reef
Walk - Foo Fighters
Oh Yeah - The Subways
Story Of The Blues - The Mighty Wah!
Birdhouse In Your Soul - They Might Be Giants
Tick Tick Boom - The Hives
Blitzkrieg Bop - The Ramones
Truth Is - The Levellers
Love Spreads - The Stone Roses
Mrs. Robinson - The Lemonheads
Seven Nation Army - White Stripes
Indian Summer - Stereophonics
Gods Are Bored - The Datsuns
Never Knew Your Name - Madness
Graceland - The Bible
Psycho Killer - Talking Heads
Elysium - Section 60
Tumbling Dice - The Rolling Stones
Dancing Makes Her Happy - Jery At Controls
'A' Bomb In Wardour Street - The Jam
Whistle For The Choir - The Fratellis
Rag Doll - Aerosmith
Cannonball - The Breeders
It Hangs - The Darlingtons
No One's Gonna Love You - Band Of Horses
Hold Me - Tom Odell
Bring On The Dancing Horses - Echo And The Bunnymen
Leather Jacket Love Song - The Cribs
Across 110th Street - Bobby Womack
It Can't Be Me - The 48ks
Red Alert - Bassment Jaxx
To Be Like - China Rats
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers

No comments:

Post a Comment