Wednesday 27 March 2013

BAIBS Wednesday 27/03/13

Let's start off with some audience participation.

Ask me how giving blood went yesterday. Go on, ask me.

I dare you.

*waits*

IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!! I stupidly believed myself when I said yesterday it definitely would. A combination of a phlebotomist shortage and people reeling after donating their pint meant they were snowed under and we'd have to try again next time.Tried booking me in for next Thursday at 6pm. This will be 2 hours after the end of the Even Bigger Show. I'm tempted to do it as some kind of scientific experiment. Plus after 80 hours on air I'll be ready for a biscuit.

I've neglected the gym recently. That's not true. The gym's fine with or without me in it. But you know what I mean. The reasons I haven't been is 87% laziness, 9% biggest show planning, 7% sundry activities and 3% bad maths. Went today and killed both myself and a rowing machine. (So tempted for a 'we had a row' pun but I wont).

Shopped after the gym. We all know both my views and tactics on shopping. I got confused by bacon. I needed bacon. There's so much variety though. In the end I went for the cheap cooking bacon. As oppose to the non cooking bacon kind? Told you I was confused. Decided to get the bus home. Managed to bang my head going up the stairs. It still staggers me that I've known about my height for many years and yet still forget to duck. And you can't really pretend you meant to do it. Neither is there an acting option. You know like when you run for a bus and it pulls off just as you get to the stop so you keep running as if that was what you were doing anyway. Or when you wave at someone across the street then realize it's not who you thought so you pretend it's an elaborate head scratching technique you've developed. No, when it comes to banging your head you just have to stand there like a tall idiot who forgot to duck. I want that on my gravestone: 'He forgot to duck.'

Both carrier bags (shopping and gym stuff) I had decided to break so when I disembarked I had sweaty socks and cooking bacon trying to escape as I tried to keep hold of everything and nurse my bumped head. To make matters worse my laces were undone. I've mentioned before the inability of my laces to stay tied but how can they come undone just sat on a bus? I'm not sure I should be allowed out really.

Anyway, I'm home now with my high ceilings and my slippers on.

Laters

SS

Playlist Wednesday 27/03/13

Tom Hark - The Piranhas
Walls Come Tumbling Down - The Style Council
It Can't Be Me - The 48ks
National Express - The Divine Comedy
This Is Not A Game - Skunk Anansie
Never Knew Your Name - Madness
Millionaires - Famous Villains
Ripples - The Coopers
Jack And Diane - John Mellencamp
New York - Paloma Faith
Dead Wrong - Hanni El Khatib
Beast Of Burden - The Rolling Stones
Molly Gray - The DN Allstars
Song 2 - Blur
Let's Dance - David Bowie
It's Alright, It's OK - Primal Scream
Seven Seas - Echo And The Bunnymen
Recover - Dexters
Song For Lovers - Richard Ashcroft
Never Tear Us Apart - INXS
Just Like A Woman - Black Spiders
Leaving On A Jet Plane - Me First And The Gimmes Gimmes
Fluorescent Adolescent - Arctic Monkeys
Mama - Genesis
Men's Needs - The Cribs
The Whole Of The Moon - The Waterboys
Sometime - DIIV
Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
Party Fears Two - The Associates
William, It Was Really Nothing - The Smiths
Reputation - Section 60
By Your Hand - Los Campesinos
Freakin' Out - Graham Coxon
Recovery - Frank Turner
Roxette - Dr. Feelgood
Adore Me - Bang Bang Romeo
Sex And Drugs And Rock & Roll Ian Dury And The Blockheads
Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick - Ian Dury And The Blockheads
Wild, Wild Life - Talking Heads
To Be Like - China Rats
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers





No comments:

Post a Comment