Thursday 28 February 2013

BAIBS Thursday 28/02/13

Xin chào to the lone Vietnamese reader out there. 

It's not always easy to come up with blogging topics. No leaf war to report on. An uneventful walk home, if I ignore the annoying piper and the man in the trilby singing My Way. I have a plan though. Fish. Fish is allegedly brain food. I'm gonna have some kippers in the hope they get the brain working. There is a disagreement raging round my head as to whether the fish = brain food thing is just a myth though. There's also a train of thought just developed that seems to think even if fish is brain food it probably doesn't apply to kippers. Maybe it's the smoking thing. Smoking = bad therefore the smoking process will destroy the intellectual benefits of the fish. Do fish have an intellectual capacity of their own or do they have to become cannibals? It's also just occurred to me that as much as I like kippers I dislike the lingering smell. My sense of smell is poor but I'm sure Cherry Blossom will notice. Chicken sandwich it is.

As I've mentioned before my sense of smell, like my knees and eyebrows, just doesn't work. The inadequate eyebrows caused much confusion yesterday. I was in the gym overlooking the market place car park. There's a sign post that I swear says 'Disabled parking apples only to the marked baps. There are 22 marked baps.' I can only presume that the sweat in my eyes and the general knackeredness lead me to read it wrong. I kinda hope not though. I'm all for disabled apples having their own parking baps.

The chicken sandwich hasn't worked. This is a definite waffle. Unlike an indefinite waffle. Never did learn how to conjugate waffles. Or scotch pancakes. Which very loosely brings me back to the piper. Why do we have a bloke in a skirt subjecting us to the awful droning of the pipes? I honestly think the bagpipes are the most annoying instrument ever. I'd rather see someone playing a kazoo. I can think of only one acceptable spot of piping and that's in Biffy Clyro's Stingin' Belle. I'm open to suggestions of other quality bagpiping. 

Anyway, I really fancy a waffle now. Going shopping.

Laters

SS

Playlist Thursday 28/02/13

Tom Hark - The Piranhas
Undercover Martyn - Two Door Cinema Club
Union City Blue - Blondie
Walkaway - Cast
So Here We Are - Bloc Party
Turning Japanese - The Vapors
Inhaler - Foals
A Girl Like You - Edwyn Collins
Hold Me - Tom Odell
You Jane - The Wedding Present
Traveller's Tune - Ocean Colour Scene
Bubbles - Biffy Clyro
How Soon Is Now - The Smiths
Ceremony - New Order
Sacrilege - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Perfect Skin - Lloyd Cole And The Commotions
Love Shack - The B-52s
She Comes In Fall - The Inspiral Carpets
Go Right Ahead - The Hives
Best Of Friends - Palma Violets
Another Girl, Another Planet - The Only Ones
The Stars (Are Out Tonight) - David Bowie
It Starts And Ends With You - Suede
When You Were Young - The Killers
My Perfect Cousin - The Undertones
Shake It Out - Florence And The Machine
Pump It Up - Elvis Costello And The Attractions
2013 - Primal Scream
Feel Like Calling Out - UV Pop
Brass In Pocket - The Pretenders
Losing My Religion - R.E.M.
Pelican - The Maccabees
Sun Hits The Sky - Supergrass
Making Plans For Nigel - XTC
Sympathy For The Devil - The Rolling Stones
You Held The World In Your Arms - Idlewild
Always The Sun - The Stranglers
What You Do To Me - Teenage Fanclub
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers



No comments:

Post a Comment