Monday 3 June 2013

BAIBS Monday 03/06/13

I've been being lazy. June's here, sun's come out and although I've loads to do all I've done is sit in the sun with homemade bread and homemade carrot cake. Spoilt is the word. 'What's all this stuff you should be doing?' I hear you cry. Well not that much really. There's a stack of pots that wont wash themselves despite my glaring at them. And there's a tube of sealant that needs to go seal something but given it took me half hour in Wilkos to work out what sealant was I don't think I'm the man for the job. We've discussed my D.I.Y. skills before. They're legendary for all the wrong reasons. There's also tomorrow's show to sort out and this blog to do, all of which I've been putting off just because the sun's out.

There's also the small matter of France. This time next week myself and the Kellys, Mark and Jon will be (checks travel details) half an hour from pulling into Gard Du Nord, Paris on our way to Strasbourg. I've been assigned the task of finding out how to get from Gard Du Nord to Paris Est in 68 minutes. According to google maps it's a 5 minute walk. My next job is to try and remember the French for 'We are foolish Englishmen who can't find Paris Est even though it's only one street and five minutes away. Please can you patronise us then direct us to the station.'

Quick practice:

'Nous sommes Anglais insensé qui ne peut pas trouver Paris Est, même si c'est seulement une rue et à cinq minutes. S'il vous plaît pouvez-vous nous fréquenter ensuite nous diriger vers la gare.'

Think I can manage that.

Likewise our hotel in Strasbourg is five minutes from the station. Another quick practice.

'Notre hôtel, l'Hôtel Adagio. Je peux voir qu'il peut encore le trouver. Pouvez-vous diresct moi s'il vous plaît puis ricaner derrière mon dos, et à juste titre aussi.'

And whilst there we shall be meeting with Members of the European Parliament to discuss community radio and asking questions like this:

Sont tous des politiciens comme perverse et hors de contact que celles en anglais ou sommes-nous simplement malchanceux?

This is all getting a bit silly now.

So how was your weekend? Had a hectic one as per which involved an absolute stack of quality live music, way too much beer, polish sausages, being attacked by a Belgian waffle and a lot of shouting at my phone. It's really playing up. On Friday it randomly text Cherry Blossom and just said 'puree'. It is now trying to close an app I don't have and says I have a voicemail from myself. Genius.

Quoi qu'il en soit, j'ai encore des charges que je ne vais pas faire probablement.

Plus tards. (Now I know that is definitely wrong)

SS

Playlist Monday 03/06/13

Papa's Got A Brand New Pigbag - Pigbag
Good Morning Britain - Aztec Camera ft Mick Jones
(Love Is Like A) Heatwave - Martha Reeves And The Vandellas
Invitation - Bang Bang Romeo
Long Hot Summer - The Style Council
Who Is Innocent? - George Borowski
Oceans - Dexters
Fast Fuse - Kasabian
Don't You Forget About Me - Simple Minds
Never Fade Away - Spector
Dancer - Auction For The Promise Club
How It Ended - The Drums
Poison Street - New Model Army
Californication - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Light My Fire - The Doors
The Opener - The Couteneers
Not Too Fussed - The Likely Lads
Quiet Night In - All The Young
Cemetry - Bang Bang Romeo
Pelican - The Maccabees
Monsters And Angels - Voice Of The Beehive
Let's Dance To Joy Division - The Wombats
Transmission - Joy Division
Roll Away The Stone - Mott The Hoople
Diane Young - Vampire Weekend
Iris - Goo Goo Dolls
Revolution - The Beatles
Red Alert - Basement Jaxx
Walk On The Wild Side - Lou Reed
Wrecking Ball - Bruce Springsteen
Public Image - Public Image Limited
Indian Summer - Stereophonics
Dakota - Stereophonics
Honky Tonk Woman - The Rolling Stones
Time To Pretend - MGMT
Move On Up - Curtis Mayfield
Blood, Sweat And Tears - The D.O.T.
Last Nite - The Strokes
Rip It Up - Orange Juice
Do You Realise - The Flaming Lips
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers

No comments:

Post a Comment