Wednesday 19 June 2013

BAIBS Wednesday 19/06/13

One of them post the playlist early blogs today which can only mean one thing. There's a theme running through it. Owt to keep myself entertained. Here goes:

Playlist Wednesday 19/06/13

London Calling - The Clash
Ruby Soho - Rancid
Antarctica - Sound Of Guns
Glastonbury Song - The Waterboys
California Sun - The Ramones
Leaving New York - R.E.M.
Under China - Auction For The Promise Club
Columbia - Oasis
The Joyful Kilmarnock Blues - The Proclaimers
Dakota - Stereophonics
Eton Rifles - The Jam
Born In The U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteen
L.A. Woman - The Doors
Inner London Violence - Bad Manners
Hersham Boys - Sham 69
Australia - Manic Street Preachers
Heart As Big As Liverpool - The Mighty Wah!
Going To California - Led Zeppelin
The Way We're Made (Made In England) - Missing Andy
Maid Of Orleans - OMD
Night Boat To Cairo - Madness
London Girl - The Pogues
Let England Shake - PJ Harvey
Alternative Ulster - Stiff Little Fingers
New England - Kirsty MacColl
Hotel California - The Eagles
Waterloo Sunset - The Kinks
Seattle - Public Image Limited
Everest - Public Service Broadcasting
Harlem Shuffle - The Rolling Stones
Moving To New York - The Wombats
California Girls - The Beach Boys
Hong Kong Garden - Siouxsie And The Banshees
R.O.C.K. In The U.S.A. - John Mellencamp
Back In The USSR - The Beatles
America - Razorlight
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers

Easy one again I know. You can guarantee if it's a playlist with a link running through it then there's a distinct lack of high profile birthdays and deaths, little happening in the music world and all quiet on the sporting front. The only thing I had to talk about today was that June 19th is world sauntering day. I don't know what that means but feel it'd suit me perfectly. I can saunter with the best of them. Unless I misread and it's world Saunders day which basically involves thinking the grass is always greener on the other side. One for all the Rovers' fans there. It's harder than I ever imagined (stop it) to put together getting on 40 songs all linked that still keep within the musical mandate I've given myself. Yeah I know it's a hard life doing a radio show, blogging and working in a live music venue, getting paid to watch bands. 

Christmas Songs: Er, don't know why we're in italics. Hang on. That's better. I only mention Christmas songs 'cos The Adulescents UK's version of Mary's Boy Child, entitled Mary, has just come on my iPod and I wondered if I should skip it or not. I didn't. I was busy feeling sorry for myself for having a great job. A great song is for life not just Christmas is my thinking. It also reminded me that on Saturday night as part of the drunken Springsteen singalong in the pubs of Wembley we did give his version of Santa Claus Is Coming To Town the full treatment with not a hint of 'is it OK to sing this' from anyone. Admittedly it's not a great song, fun though and it was definitely a moment.

Got the door open 'cos, although not the phew what a scorcher we were promised it's pleasant enough but now I'm overrun (overflown?) with fat flies and some twonk would appear to burning every piece of plastic in Donny out there!

I was joined on today's show by Susan Forbes from Artfelt and Doncaster College students Lauren Taylor and Roberta Brackenbury. The amount Susan has going on connected with all forms of art in and around Doncaster is phenomenal and I'd never fit it all in here. I suggest visiting http://www.susanforbes.co.uk/ or find her on Facebook. Lauren and Roberta have just finished their courses at the Hub and are currently part of The Last Picture Show at the college demonstrating the students work. Finishes on Friday people so look sharp.

OK I'm off now to shout at a neighbour about pollution and sound all friends of the Earth.

Laters

SS

1 comment:

  1. you nearly skipped past MARY !!!! shame on you Saynor lol

    ReplyDelete