Thursday 27 June 2013

BAIBS Thursday 27/06/13

Do I need to do the preamble about why the playlist is not at the bottom of the page? Thought not. Here goes:

Playlist Thursday 27/06/13

One Step Beyond - Madness
Hundred Mile High City - Ocean Colour Scene
1996 - The Wombats
One Drop - Public Image Ltd.
Two Tribes - Frankie Goes To Hollywood
Seven Nation Army - White Stripes
The 8 O' Clock Blues - Famous Villains
If I Had A Million Dollars - Barenaked Ladies
The Magnificent 7 - Bad Manners
45 - The Gaslight Anthem
96 Tears - The Stranglers
19th Nervous Breakdown - The Rolling Stones
524 Fidelio - The Wedding Present
Song 2 - Blur
40 - U2
2013 - Primal Scream
Signal 30 - Public Service Broadcasting
One In Ten - UB40
5 Years Time - Noah And The Whale
19-2000 - Gorillaz
7 O' Clock - The Quireboys
10/10 - Paulo Nutini
18 With A Bullet - Pete Wingfield
(Get Your Kicks On) Route 66 - Dr. Feelgood
Love Me Two Times - The Doors
51st State - New Model Army
54 - 46 Was My Number - Toots And The Maytals
21 Guns - Green Day
1979 - Smashing Pumpkins

DO IT UNPLUGGED LIVE ACOUSTIC SESSION - THE HOT SOLES

Runaway
Ready To Burn

57 Channels - Bruce Springsteen
Two Fingers - Jake Bugg
5:15 - The Who
One Way Or Another - Blondie
The Magnificent Seven - The Clash
Looking After Number One - The Boomtown Rats
Seven Seas - Echo And The Bunnymen
Three Minute Hero - The Selecter
2-4-6-8 Motorway - Tom Robinson Band
Nine Acre Dust - The Charlatans
The Return Of The Los Palmas 7 - Madness

Easy one again. Each song with a number in the title. What makes it more fun is when listeners pick up on it and send in relevant requests (thanks Nettie for Love Me Two Times and Paul for 51st State). Obviously the live session songs didn't comply to the theme but I can hardly insist that a band that have come in to play only play songs with numbers in the title.

So, yes, today was the third (or possibly two and a half after Tuesday's debacle) Do It Unplugged live session. The Hot Soles followed Isla's Father on Monday to show just how high the standard is going to be. A brilliant two song set with Sole Boy A (Kieran) demonstrating a powerful bluesman voice. Impressive stuff for 9am. 

Someone asked me after reading yesterday's blog who comes up with street names. The answer to that is I don't have a clue. But it did remind me of the estate in Bristol I believe where all the streets were named after British Second World War heroes. Bernard Montgomery Place, Guy Gibson Grove etc and the somewhat unfortunately named Douglas Bader Walk. They have since changed it.

Well it's a work day so I'm due my nap but I'm waiting to see if the bailiff calls back wanting business rates for a business that isn't mine or if David Cameron replies to my tweet about Nelson Mandela. I'll probably get confused and rant at the bailiff about his 'Hang Mandela' posters. That should confuse him long enough for me to hide my CDs. I don't own anything else.

Laters

SS


1 comment:

  1. Blow Row in Epworth...no idea who or what that is named after!!!

    ReplyDelete