Friday 7 June 2013

BAIBS Friday 07/06/13

Potentially the last blog for a week. Straight after Monday's show the Sine FM's adventures in France begin. So unless I can work out the French internet, I presume l'internet, at the hotel (l'hôtel), I'm getting good at this, then the next blog should be a week today. We get back from Strasbourg Thursday evening so unless I'm lost in France with the Kellys there should be a show on Friday.

I'm having my first ever play on Spotify. It's a bit like when you walk into a record store though. Your mind goes blank so you just look at all the music you already own. Having exhausted The Waterboys I've struck on a plan though. I may have mentioned that I've moved more times than years I've been alive and every move seems to involve losing music. There's a white van man out there somewhere with a large box of vinyl and cds that I'd very much like back. So I'm trawling spotify for music I did have and no longer do. It's actually a bit upsetting. I'm currently having a Goat's Don't Shave blast having waded through The Mission back catalogue. Worth it just for the 'I still believe in God but God no longer believes in me' intro to Wasteland. I once got my hair crimped just to see The Mission. Ah, the 80s. Seemed like a good idea at the time. So much paisley! What has struck me is the amount of music I loved at the time that is just woeful. I thought The Silencers and Diesel Park West were stunning back in the day. It's barely listenable to! Back to The Smiths. Comfort in the familiar. And a sudden realisation that Hatful Of Hollow is no longer nestled in my vinyl collection. Bugger.

So the weekend is upon us. Looking like a toastie one. Work tonight, tomorrow and Sunday but at least two out of the three are band nights, including The Subterraneans tonight who did a quality little live session on today's show . Means missing Carl the punk's wedding, sadly, but I've got a Springsteen gig a week tomorrow. Need all the money I can get.

I better go. Typically I've not sorted anything out for next week yet. Clothes, money, french play list for Monday etc. The French play list wont happen. You think of 40 songs french related.

Laters

SS

Playlist Friday 07/06/13

Papa's Got A Brand New Pigbag - Pigbag
Sympathy For The Devil - The Rolling Stones
Where's Your Head At? - Basement Jaxx
The Way I Tend To Be - Frank Turner
Keep The Car Running - Arcade Fire
Kings For The Weekend - Missing Andy
Under Pressure - Queen And David Bowie
The Opener - The Courteneers
Cure - The Missing Pages
Undercover Martyn - Two Door Cinema Club
Summer's Child - The Coopers
What's Up - 4 Non Blondes
Seven Nation Army - White Stripes
Don't Know Why - The Beeds
Men's Needs - The Cribs
Stoner Zombie Killer Kids - Steel Trees
The Eton Rifles - The Jam
I Wish I Was Someone Better - Blood Red Shoes
Local Boy In The Photograph - Stereophonics
Faces - The Ratells
2-4-6-8 Motorway - The Tom Robinson Band
Monkey Man - Toots And The Maytals
Graceland - The Bible

The Subterraneans LIVE
Tennessee Stud
Wagon Wheel

Not Too Fussed - The Likely Lads
In The Morning - Razorlight
When Love Breaks Down - Prefab Sprout
Friday Night - The Talks
Here Comes Your Man - Pixies
Spies - Famous Villains
Long Live Rock 'N' Roll - Rainbow
It's Not Unusual - Tom Jones
Let's Let It Go - White Valentine
Cherub Rock - Smashing Pumpkins
Shout To The Top - The Style Council
Purple Rain - Prince
This Is Real - The Enemy
Panic - The Smiths
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers 

No comments:

Post a Comment