Monday 24 June 2013

BAIBS Monday 24/06/13

I'm gonna blog in a bit but at the moment I'm chatting Springsteen with Ian Prowse (Pele/Amsterdam). Priorities and all that!

OK, I'm with you now. Remember Friday's blog and the wingman thing? I'm indebted to Jon Kelly for his little bit of research. It's obvious really. Wingman - working in the wings. Duh! The job in question was with the Northern Opera Company and as much as, in this very blog, I've declared my love for Wagner and Grieg I don't think it's for me. Lots of pushing of chariots and locating of winged helmets.

We kicked off the Do It Unplugged live acoustic sessions today with a quality set from Isla's Father. Basically over the next three weeks or so about fifteen acts will be coming onto the show to perform two acoustic tracks. I believe the last session is 18th July. After that it's a public vote to decide the top five with the overall winner getting a Doncaster Live main stage slot and the top five getting busking rights at the Keepmoat Stadium for certain Rovers home games this coming season. Isla's Father have set the bar high.

http://www.sinefm.com/a_z_of_shows/do_it_unplugged

https://www.facebook.com/islasfather?fref=ts

Speaking of live sessions remember the Brighton band I mentioned in the Strasbourg blog, Southern Sunrise?  Well as promised they got a play on today's show and are playing RockBar on Saturday night and will be doing a live session on JJ's The First 45 on Friday evening. All through a chance meeting on a train. Brilliant! It pays to eavesdrop!

Wimbledon starts today. I will watch it religiously. I have no idea why 'cos if you stick any other tennis tournament in front of me I'll reach for the remote then lob it firmly at your head. I have no explanation for this. Same with golf which is for all intents and purposes is televised sky but come the Ryder Cup I'm hooked.

Must dash, couple of important emails to answer. One from a Nigerian Princess obviously in distress and another about my compensation claim for when my head fell off four years ago.

Laters

SS

Playlist Monday 24/06/13

Papa's Got A Brand New Pigbag - Pigbag
I Wanna Be Your Dog - The Stooges
Shoot The Runner - Kasabian
A Ton Of Love - The Editors
My Girl - Madness
Postcard - Southern Sunrise
Freakin' Out - Graham Coxon
Cemetry - Bang Bang Romeo
1979 - Smashing Pumpkins
Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah - The Pogues
Saturn 5 - Inspiral Carpets
Fire - The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown
Period Piece - Lloyd Cole
New Town Velocity - Johnny Marr
I Can See For Miles - The Who
Pictures Of You - The Cure
I'll Be Fine - White Valentine
Can't Stand Me Now - The Libertines
Just Like Honey - Jesus And Mary Chain
Mad World - Tears For Fears
The Distance - Funeral For A Friend 
Rat Race - The Specials
Acquiesce - Oasis
Dreaming - Blondie

DO IT UNPLUGGED LIVE ACOUSTIC SESSION - ISLA'S FATHER

Where Are You Now?
It's Raining

The Female Of The Species - Space
Lost Innocent World - Gogol Bordello
Enola Gay - OMD
Easy Ride - The Doors
True Faith - New Order
Private Investigations - Dire Straits
Night Mail - Public Service Broadcasting
Too Bad (That's Sad) - Edwyn Collins
I Am The Beat - The Look
The Chain - Fleetwood Mac
Dancer - Auction For The Promise Club
Broken - Jake Bugg
Never Fade Away - Spector
Spread Your Love - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers

No comments:

Post a Comment