Friday 31 May 2013

BAIBS Friday 31/05/13

The sun has got his hat on etc etc. Ludicrous song. What kind of hat could possibly endure such temperatures? And surely if the sun wore a hat it would cast a shadow thus negating the celebration of all things sunny and leave the song redundant. So said headgear would have to be removed and the song wouldn't exist. All a bit paradoxical. And 'coming out to play'? Playing with the sun would be a health and safety nightmare. I just want it to sit in the sky and burn me.

Basically I'm just trying to say it's a nice day which meant the walk home through town was a nightmare. The masses of Donny had hit the streets to stare at cauliflowers and moan about the Primark window display. A 6'5" yeti with bags under his eyes scowling at people wasn't made at all welcome.

Some bugger's drunk my coffee. Two secs.

I'm waffling 'cos my head's not in gear. I'm waiting on two new tracks from Bang Bang Romeo to turn up in my inbox. It's all a bit expectant fatherish.

Back to whatever it is I'm waffling about. The hampered walk through town. Chaos at clock corner. The jewellers was all police taped off causing one old woman to ask, 'Do they do this every Friday?' Got to the Frenchgate centre. Between the 48k fixing watches and the Famous Villain selling kitchens is my nemesis. The escalator. Something about them bothers me. Think it all stems back to the public safety film from when I was a kid which basically showed a doll getting mutilated by an escalator.

Just tried to text the word Wakefield to someone and my phone insisted it should say Weak Fishes.

I think my point about the whole weather thing is that I have the back door open but the slice of banana cake next to me has attracted every wasp this side of Donny. Gits.

Looking like a promising weekend then. A busy one too. Tonight it's The Darlingtons, Laurel Canyon, The Coopers and Jack's House at The Leopard. Tomorrow morning 'Guitar' George Borowski is playing at Electro Music, then in the afternoon it's the Polish Festival at The Keepmoat, which I may end up working at, or Crooked Ways festival in Pontefract if promised press pass ever shows up, though I'm on the guest list (my two favourite words again) for Dexters in Weak Fishes tomorrow night, then Sunday night back to work.

It's all go. Speaking of which I must dash 'cos I'm meant to be filming with The Darlingtons this afternoon.

Laters

SS

Playlist Friday 31/05/13

Papa's Got A Brand New Pigbag - Pigbag
Common People - Pulp
How Soon Is Now? - The Smiths
Dead And Gone - The Black Keys
When The Sun Goes Down - Arctic Monkeys
Molly Gray - The DN Allstars
Teenage Knife Gang - Black Spiders
Ripples - The Coopers
Watch Yourself - The Darlingtons
I Can See For Miles - The Who
It's Alright, It's OK - Primal Scream
Rebel Yell - Billy Idol
Tick Tick Boom - The Hives
Friday Night - The Talks
Sheriff Fatman - Carter USM
Signal 30 - Public Service Broadcasting
By Your Hand - Los Campesinos
Wuthering Heights - Kate Bush
Back Of My Hand - The Jags
Clint Eastwood - Gorillaz
Medicine Show - Big Audio Dynamite
All Together Now - The Farm
Brassneck - The Wedding Present
Bark At The Moon - Ozzy Osbourne
Local Boy In The Photograph - Stereophonics
We Wear Our Bones - Bang Bang Romeo
Can't Believe In Love - Audio Disease
Period Piece - LLoyd Cole
Today - Smashing Pumpkins
Some Might Say - Oasis
Chevy Thunder - Spector
Black Dog - Led Zeppelin
The Doors Of Then - Tim Burgess
Good Enough - Dodgy
Midnight Wave - Two Wounded Birds
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers

No comments:

Post a Comment