Tuesday 3 September 2013

BAIBS Monday 02/09/13

WELL!!  Cover me in porridge and call me Carruthers C. Hoopwrangler the Third, it's only a blog!

Hang on. It says Monday up there. Well that's purely cos the playlist is Monday's. I'm almost fully aware it's Tuesday.

A week is a long time in politics apparently. What makes them so special? A week is a long enough time full stop and I have a week's worth of blogging to squeeze in so it's gonna have to be edited highlights.

As you all know it was my Step-Dad's funeral last Wednesday. We don't need to go into details. It was superb to catch up with my step-family though. Decided on a night and day in York after the funeral. Had a row with the guard on the train as I was stood in first class with a second class ticket. As I pointed out there wasn't even standing room in second class so where was I meant to go. I also pointed out that surely stood up on a crowded train was more third class than first. He said I wasn't stood but was leaning, and I was in a first class coach which I presume means we now need a six tier class system on trains. I believe it would be thus:

First Class Seated
Second Class Seated
First Class Leaning
Second Class Leaning
First Class Standing
Second Class Standing

So in effect I was travelling 3rd class (out of 6). Not Bad. I still wasn't giving him any more money though. Thankfully we passed a deer in a field at that point which distracted us both enough to stop our petty ramblings.

York was just a blur of York Brewery Guzzler and hairy tour guides. I know I ended up on the Leopard fire escape Thursday evening, very drunk, and shouting at my Step-Dad. Any therapists out there please gloss over that bit.

Friday's show never materialised. For reasons why see above.

Back to work Friday night and then come Saturday chaos really ensued. I wasn't planning on Tom Harking at The Keepmoat on Saturday due to work commitments but Rob couldn't make it either so I did up until the start of the second half then rushed off to work. The 46 minutes of football I saw were as bad as Rovers have turfed out for some time. I'm guessing the final 44 minutes were no better.

Saturday night saw ex Stiff Little Fingers, Henry Cluney and Jim Reilly on stage with X-SLF. They were truly awesome. Had the place jumping, dancing and sweating including your trusty barman. And it didn't end there. Jim Reilly and the X-SLF crew are seasoned party animals. This is me, Jim, Lady Punka and Martin Black at about 4am. I can only presume we're singing I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles.



A cracking idea til I got up Sunday morning and realised I was working all day with a 21st birthday party to contend with on the night. Every shot of sambuca I poured made me queazy and I poured a lot. Finally in bed for just gone midnight, radio yesterday morning, hence the Monday playlist then at work all day again yesterday. As you can tell we've been particularly short staffed this weekend! No-one's fault, just one of those things. So after another marathon shift and planning this morning's show at Midnight last night I promptly woke up at 9am this morning! That'll be why the music was pants today. Sorry. Back to normality tomorrow.

I'm all kinds of refreshed now though due in no short measure to another Sine FM trip oversees confirmed, Luxembourg later this month.

Oh and Dave Gedge from The Wedding Present emailed me.

Today is a good day.

Laters

SS

Playlist Monday 02/09/13

The Mighty Ship - The Housemartins
Wishing (If I Had A Photograph Of You) - A Flock Of Seagulls
Like A Dancer - The Enemy
Shake It Out - Florence And The Machine
Monkey Gone To Heaven - Pixies
I Don't Mind - The Buzzcocks
I Lost Myself At Hello - Infirmity
Can Stand The Rain - The Talks
Steam Train Girl - Teleman
World Shut Your Mouth - Julian Cope
Barbed Wire Love - Stiff Little Fingers
Middle Sea - Yuck
Ready To Die - Famous Villains
Babies - Pulp
Samba Pa Ti - Santana
Jump - Van Halen
North-South Divide - John Lennon McCullagh
Janie Jones - The Clash
Not Too Young - The Tricks
Recovery - Frank Turner
Skateaway - Dire Straits
Enter Sandman - Metallica
Just Like A Woman - Black Spiders
Changing Of The Seasons - Two Door Cinema Club
Lucy The Castle - Twisted Wheel
The Boy With The Thorn In His Side - The Smiths
Brassneck - The Wedding Present
Chemical - Bang Bang Romeo
Millionaires - Famous Villains
Don't Go - Kiziah And The Kings
Don't Let The Music Stop - James Taplin
Transmission - Joy Division
Second Minute Or Hour - Jack Penate
Hate To Say I Told You So - The Hives
The Opener - The Courteeners
Fire - Kasabian
Me And The Farmer - The Housemartins
Lovesick - Peace
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers

No comments:

Post a Comment