Tuesday 17 September 2013

BAIBS Tuesday 17/09/13

As a footnote to yesterday's footnote there was a 50 cent coin (Euros) in the takings Friday night. It can only have come from the European psychobilly party. I'm taking it as payment for the washing of one grey sock, possibly French, possibly German.

And (grammar truly goes out of the window when I blog) speaking of yesterday's web log many thanks to all those who messaged me with the collective noun for undertakers. Some totally wrong, (Wake or Descent - Jake Barkley), some made up, (Mortification - Mark Brown) and some it would seem correct, (Unction - Becky Smith and Allan Martin). I was hoping it would be a Dirge of Undertakers.

A somewhat fraught walk through town after today's show. The half-arsed using a cd player buskers drowning out the ones with actual talent, the clipboard carriers demanding your bank details for that all important wombat insurance and finally the have you got 23p so I can get to Manchester brigade. Change of tactics this morning. All he needed was 17p, to see his poorly father in Sheffield. Bargain, though I don't know anyway of getting to Sheffield for 17p, neither did I believe he knew his father so he missed out there. Next ploy - can I borrow a cigarette. I like to think I'm generous with my fags but borrow implied I'd get one back. I doubted I'd see him again and to be fair I didn't want to so I declined that too. Final blagging attempt - can I have a bite of your bacon sandwich. Now that's just pushing it too far. He had a wobbly tooth that I reckon would have ended up in my butty, not that he was ever gonna get his hands on my bacon. I try not to swear in this blog but 'Piss off' did seem the only acceptable response.

Went to bed last night feeling a little run down. I put it down to those excesses I hark on about. Woke up this morning with the semblance of the beginning of a cold. By the end of today's show it's a full on attempt at a cold. I'll let you know if it becomes, heaven forbid, the dreaded manflu.

Right a shlog today. Work in 44 minutes.

Laters

SS

Playlist Tuesday 17/09/13

The Mighty Ship - The Housemartins
There She Goes - The La's
Hunger - Frankie And The Heartstrings
I Fought The Law - The Clash
Disappear - Madness
My Love For Evermore - The Hillbilly Moon Explosion
You're The Boss - Cud
Seven Nights, Seven Days - The Fratellis
Special Brew - Bad Manners
All Together Now - The Farm
Smooth - New Killer Shoes
Middle Sea - Yuck
End Of The Line - Travelling Wilburys
In The Morning - Razorlight
Lost Innocent World - Gogol Bordello
Bizarre Love Triangle - New Order
Small Circles - The Rainmakers
Go Right Ahead - The Hives
Laid - James
One In Ten - UB40
People Are Strange - The Doors
Homesick - Catfish And The Bottlemen
Keep The Car Running - Arcade Fire
Paint It Black - The Rolling Stones
Sacrilege - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Like A Dancer - The Enemy
All These Things That I've Done - The Killers
Caught In The Middle - Rita Payne
I Can't Promise - Rita Payne
Watching The Detectives - Elvis Costello And The Attractions
Monster - The Automatic
Shake It Out - Florence And The Machine
Rock Lobster - B52s
Time For Action - Secret Affair
Don't You Forget About Me - Simple Minds
Breathe - The Prodigy
Wetsuit - The Vaccines
Coming Around - The Vans
Walls Come Tumbling Down - The Style Council
Don't Stand So Close To Me - The Police
Do You Realize - The Flaming Lips
You Really Got Me - The Kinks
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers


No comments:

Post a Comment