Monday 16 September 2013

BAIBS Monday 16/09/13

As a footnote to the previous blog, and I realise that by definition a footnote should be at the bottom of the page so this is technically a headnote, but they don't exist, I've inherited a sock. A footnote about a sock. I swear no pun intended.

It's a grey sock and I can only presume it's either French or German. As mentioned my bedroom was the continental suite on Friday and the sock only appeared Saturday morning so it must be one of the band members that crashed in my bedroom. I have no way of knowing what nationality the sock is. I could have a closer look but it's lurking at the end of one of the beds in a way only a used sock can. Nothing lurks like a used sock.

Safe to say though that somewhere out there is a continental European psychobilly with only one grey sock.

I don't want this bit to sound disrespectful, or even worse sick, but I've just seen a posting on facebook that the world's oldest man has died. No he hasn't. The ex-world's oldest man has died as whoever was second oldest automatically becomes the oldest on the death of the former. Follow that? No, I'm not sure I did either. It made sense in my head.

In a similar vein I nearly got runover by a hearse this morning. It even did a wheel spin as it set off. I presume someone was late for their own funeral. I guess if you're gonna get runover then you want it to be either a hearse or an ambulance depending on the severity of the accident. I once saw  a group of undertakers (collective noun for undertakers anyone?) shouldering a coffin out of a house at the top of a very steep road on a very icy day. You can guess the rest. One slip and the coffin went bombing down the hill breaking the speed limit and jumping the red light at the bottom. Thankfully the family of the deceased saw the funny side. And no doubt a free funeral.

Just looking at my notes for the radio and when I'm writing down football scores I use the accepted abbreviation for Southampton, Soton. But why is Northampton not abbreviated to Noton? It's not on. Oh dear. On that note I'm off.

Laters

SS

The Mighty Ship - The Housemartins
We Take Care Of Our Own - Bruce Springsteen
The Riverboat Song - Ocean Colour Scene
It Can't Be Me - The 48ks
I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance - The Black Kids
Soul Uncensored - Section 60
One Chord Wonders - The Adverts
Do Nothing - The Specials
Female Of The Species - Space
Sex - The 1975
Pure Morning - Placebo
Connection - Elastica
Under China - Auction For The Promise Club 
Fortunate Son - Creedence Clearwater Revival
Everybody's On The Run - Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds
Why You So Cold - Wet Nuns
Do I Wanna Know? - Arctic Monkeys
Free Falling - Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers
America - Razorlight
All Or Nothing - The Small Faces
Ooh La La - The Faces
You Better You Bet - The Who
Men's Needs - The Cribs
Basket Case - Green Day
Tonight - Fluidity
Transmission - Joy Division
Lucy The Castle - Twisted Wheel
To Be Like - China Rats

UV POP - LIVE

Tear It Down
No Songs Tomorrow

Sleep Don't Talk - UV Pop
Cosmic Dancer - T-Rex
Ride A White Swan - T-Rex
Hot Love - T-Rex
Naive - The Kooks
Rango - Catfish And The Bottlemen
The Thrill Is Gone - B.B. King
The Chain - Fleetwood Mac
Ballroom Blitz - Sweet
Shakespeare's Sister - The Smiths
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers












No comments:

Post a Comment