Tuesday 27 August 2013

BAIBS Tuesday 27/08/13

Shlogging it. Work in 58 minutes.

Apologies for no show yesterday. I could come up with a myriad of excuses, even claim I was taking advantage of the bank holiday but basically after the shenanigans of Sunday I set my alarm only for my phone to tell me my alarm would go off in 1 hour and 41 minutes. It was then that I made the executive decision to sleep til I woke. Despite Lady Punka throwing hand grenades at me at 6:30am.

So the weekend. Cue cramming blogging.

Friday found me at The Hop watching Middleman. Sadly due to the unique way our railway network is funded I only caught about 5 songs before network rail insisted it was home time and no-one should need to be out past 11 o clock. What I heard though was the band delivering as they always do live. The new album sounds very tasty indeed.

Saturday I had a rare night in. And was bored out of my head.

Sunday was Cusworth Music Festival and I took full advantage of my access all areas wristband to avoid the queues for the toilet. Great sets from, in particula,r AVIT, Stafford Galli and Chantel McGregor. Chantel had hot footed it from The British Blues Awards were she picked up the two awards she was nominated for. Quite right too. The only real downside for me, apart from a drunken walk home from Cusworth, was The Brew UK. If I want to see someone play guitar with a violin bow I'll watch Spinal Tap.

Highlight of the day was of course Wilko Johnson and Norman Watt-Roy strutting around on stage like a pair of teenagers. A riff fuelled belter of a set with Wilko's trademark duck walk as glorious as ever. I got to chat with Wilko briefly. He was in fine fettle. I also sneaked on the back of the stage during Roxette for some cheeky pics.

Just been shopping and bought a £1.99 item. Handed over my two quid and was asked if I wanted my change. A disgraceful position to put someone in. If I say yes I look tight and we all know that penny will live down the back of the sofa for many years to come. This is a lie. I have no sofa but you get my point. If I say no I'm just gifting Savers my hard earned cash, albeit only a penny of it. Better down my imaginary sofa than their's.

Tom Harking tonight as Rovers take on Leeds in the Capital One Cup. I know a lot of Leeds fans (obviously coming from Doncaster it's impossible not to. GEOGRAPHY!!!! The only criteria when choosing your football team)! So I'll say nothing nasty about the moaning, chip on their collective shoulders whingers. (If I had a smiley face option I'd put one here).

No show, therefore no blog, til Friday now. Off up to Scarborough tomorrow for my Step-Dad's funeral.

And finally got a message whilst on air this morning from one of my oldest friends, Nigel Smith, who was struggling to find the show and asked if I was playing S Club 7. And this is someone who knows me better than most people. I believe the word is pfftt. He got in touch though asking me to say happy 80th birthday to his Mum, Vera. My first and favourite teacher!

Later

SS

Playlist Tuesday 27/08/13

The Mighty Ship - The Housemartins
Tuesday Morning - The Pogues
Theme From PSB - Public Service Broadcasting
Close To Me - The Cure
Rango - Catfish And The Bottlemen
Roxette - Dr. Feelgood
I Lost Myself At Hello - Infirmity
Can Stand The Rain - The Talks
Hotel Room - Richard Hawley
Wrote For Luck - Happy Mondays
Sex - The 1975
Kennedy - The Wedding Present
Ceremony - New Order
Sally Cinnamon - The Stone Roses
Chipping Away - Middleman
Fake Plastic Trees - Radiohead
Molly Gray - The DN Allstars
What A Shame - The Strypes
North-South Divide - John Lennon McCullagh
Adore Me - Bang Bang Romeo
Happy - Travis
Coming Around - The Vans
Chasing Rainbows - Shed Seven
Neighbourhood - Space
Never Fade Away - Spector
Antarctica - Sound Of Guns
Straight To Hell - The Clash
Gunslingers - Section 60
If I Had A Million Dollars - Barenaked Ladies
The Fly - U2
They Couldn't Hear The Music - Ian McNabb
This Charming Man - The Smiths
The Uprising - Get Cape, Wear Cape, Fly
Pride And Joy - Stevie Ray Vaughan
Formaldehyde - Editors
Queen Of The Disco - Hail To The Eskimo
The Eton Rifles - The Jam
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers





No comments:

Post a Comment