Sunday 15 September 2013

BAIBS Friday 13/09/13

Friday's blog on a Sunday? What you playing at Saynor! It's that excesses of the weekend thing again! I moan about that all the time but we all know I love it. It's my choice to work in Donny's premier venue, to party with the bands like I'm rock 'n' roll and to do an early morning radio show so if ever you think I'm moaning tell me to shut up.

So, Friday. Without going into detail I ended up working Friday day shift instead of the evening so no time to even shlog. No afternoon nap either. I figured I'd get a couple of hours when I finished at 5. We had two psychobilly bands playing Friday night Wreck Kings from Germany and Wolfgang from France. My shift ended but no napping cos there was a German bass player in my bed. Sofa then. Nope, French guitarist. Sod it, I'll just have a shower and wake myself up. French singer in the bathroom. It was a long night.

Great gig and some serious partying after. Don't ever drink grappa. It's lethal. And vile! The Germans loved it. We managed to overdose one of the Germans on energy drinks who spent the whole night running up and down the Leopard landing. This may also have been cos there was nowhere to sleep. Two four piece bands plus entourage staying over doesn't leave much space. Having tried sleeping in various different places I gave up til they all departed around ten Saturday morning and I claimed my bed back and promptly slept through to my shift Saturday night hence no blog yesterday Still, I managed to get my psychobilly on with Bjorn from The Wreck Kings.



Right a rare day off, which has involved me sweeping a massive car park on a windy day just as the leaves are starting their annual kamikaze leap off the trees. Genius. Still, I'm now front line on the leaf war as oppose to just a roving reporter.  I'm off to try that chill thing that so many people talk about.

Laters

SS

Playlist Friday 13/09/13

The Mighty Ship - The Housemartins
Night Boat To Cairo - Madness
Local Boy In The Photograph - Stereophonics
No Rest - New Model Army
Dave - Missing Andy
You've Got The Love - Florence And The Machine
Better - The Tricks
Bikini Girls With Machine Guns - The Cramps
Mind - The Farm
Alright - Supergrass
Mexican Man - The Penny Lovers
I Wonna Be Sedated - The Ramones
Making Plans For Nigel - XTC
You And Your Ego - Hail To The Eskimo
Kelly's Heroes - Black Grape
The River - Bruce Springsteen
Friday Night - The Talks
Trash - Suede
The Lash Of The Whip - Young Rebel Set
Oliver's Army - Elvis Costello And The Attractions
Night Mail - Public Service Broadcasting
The Stars (Are Out Tonight) - David Bowie
Permanent - Section 60
Date With The Night - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
L.A. Woman - The Doors
Chocolate - Snow Patrol
Get Down And Get With It - Slade
True Faith - New Order
Cosmic Dancer - T-Rex
Lovesick - Peace
Middle Sea - Yuck
Drink, Dance, Play - Young Kato
Won't Get Fooled Again - The Who
My Very Favourite Stalker - The Adulescents UK
Lucky Man - Bruce Springsteen
Shackled And Drawn - Bruce Springsteen
Quiet Night In - All The Young
Fisherman's Blues - The Waterboys
Lost In The Supermarket - The Clash
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers

No comments:

Post a Comment