Friday 6 September 2013

BAIBS Friday 06/09/13

I'm writing this next to an unfeasibly large marrow. It's been that kinda day so far. Woke up with my alarm at 5:20. Standard. Decided on the snooze option. Standard. Woke up at 6:46. Epic fail.

Dispensed with the shower, facebook update and pre leaving coffee and cigarette. Tripped over a Darlington as I flew out the door. I'd forgot they were staying. Didn't even have time to fill my new flask/mug with coffee so the show was a caffeine free zone til 8:30. Nightmare. I usually like to be sat in the studio no later than 6:40, plenty of time to set up. I was there with 2 minutes to spare. Just in time to set up the news, my intro music and one long song. So while Common People was playing this morning I was seriously flapping.

By hour three of the show I was back in control and flying. Show over and shopping again. By now it was chucking it down and I had the soggy Bee Gee look going on again as I did my usual method of shopping for trainers. Ran out of money for light bulbs though. I still don't own one.

Back to the Leopard and tripped over a Darlington. Again, I'd forgot they were staying.

It's the weekend. I don't know why I tell you this in every web log I do on a Friday. You're not stupid. You know this.

No Tom Harking this weekend as Rovers don't have a game so we can all watch England flatter to deceive. Tonight is Stewart Black's birthday bash here at The Leopard and I can only presume with all the tripping over this morning The Darlingtons are playing. Then this weekend is Donny Live. I shall be catching what I can in between work. Too many bands worth seeing to mention but I'll cram in what I can.

A vegan breakfast is waiting. The Darlingtons must be awake.

Laters

SS

Playlist Friday 06/09/13

The Mighty Ship - The Housemartins
Common People - Pulp
Judas - The Verve
Goodbye Kiss - Kasabian
Temptation - New Order
Middle Sea - Yuck
Heavyweight Champion Of The World - Reverend And The Makers
Shifty Disco - The Colliers
Dancing With Myself - Billy Idol
Never Fade Away - Spector
I'm Free - The Soup Dragons ft. Junior Reid
Breathe - Prodigy
Zombie - The Cranberries
By Your Hand - Los Campesinos
Candy's Room - Bruce Springsteen
Moving - Supergrass
Giant Tortoise - Pond
Pure - The Lightning Seeds
Start Wearing Purple - Gogol Bordello
I Lost Myself At Hello - Infirmity
Run Right Back - The Black Keys
How Soon Is Now? - The Smiths
The Magnificent 7 - Bad Manners
Friday Night - The Talks
Miss Sarajevo - U2 And Luciano Pavarotti
Bats - The Darlingtons
Seven Nights, Seven Days - The Fratellis
Revolution - Young Kato
Carnival - The Cardigans
1979 - The Smashing Pumpkins
Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
Ripples - The Coopers
Here's The Good News - Paul Weller
You Love Us - Manic Street Preachers
What Do I Get? - The Buzzcocks
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers






No comments:

Post a Comment