Thursday 12 September 2013

BAIBS Thursday 12/09/13

Umbrellas. Ban em. Now. There's just no need. OK they're reasonably good at keeping you dry but for someone my height they're just lethal. It wont be long before I'm chasing some old dear into the pound shop who's got one of my eyes skewered on her brolly.

Just get wet. It's not that bad a thing being wet. I quite like it. (Stop it)! If needs be lets have free towels on every street corner. In fact I'm gonna add it to my policies for when I'm PM (along with the imprisoning all chavs in IKEA and blowing them up and compulsory Dickensian Christmases). And can I just say it wasn't even raining this morning. OK it thought about threatening to but there was no rain. I don't randomly stab people in the eye. Stop doing it to me.

And speaking of pound shops (look back 107 words) I got stuck in one this morning. It's obviously where people go to just stop and look at things. I got trapped in a pincer movement between a group looking at pencils and another fascinated by ribbons. What was worse was that I'd planned on being in the chocolate section and now had no escape route. I'm indebted to the lady with the pricing gun who inadvertently rescued me by making a gangway through the pencil group to price up some A4 pads (unlined). I made my escape but did wonder why an everything for a pound shop needed to price things up. I went back to check when the gawpers had gone. A4 pads (unlined), £1.

The continental market is in full flow down St. Sepulchre Gate. They were setting up as I walked to Sine Fm Towers this morning. I thought it was just cheeses, crepes, stuffed bits of trees that I didn't think were edible etc so imagine my surprise when I got attacked by some topiary. The topiary seller was unloading his van, I just swerved what I think was a privet peacock, nearly landed in some begonias and spilt coffee on what I think were azaleas. In my tired state I apologised to a small tree, possibly a yew, cut to resemble a sheep.

An eventful morning then which also featured me singing Hello, is it tea you're looking for live on the radio. Must be a Thursday. In the words of Arthur Dent I never could get the hang of Thursdays.

Must dash, the Organ Morgan's run out.

Laters

SS

Playlist Thursday 12/09/13

The Mighty Ship - The Housemartins
Back Of My Hand - The Jags
Torn On The Platform - Jack Penate
Born Under A Bad Sign - Richard Hawley
Wide Awake - The Twang
Just Like Honey - The Jesus And Mary Chain
Seven Nights, Seven Days - The Fratellis
My Best Friend's Girl - The Cars
Sinful - Pete Wylie
Be My Yoko Ono - Barenaked Ladies
Changing Of The Seasons - Two Door Cinema Club
No Romance - The Rainmakers
Babylon's Burning - The Ruts
The Bucket - Kings Of Leon
Under China - Auction For The Promise Club
Medicine Show - Big Audio Dynamite
Theme From PSB - Public Service Broadcasting
Diamonds Are Forever - Arctic Monkeys
Can Stand The Rain - The Talks
Homesick - Catfish And The Bottlemen
Brick - Ben Folds Five
Connected - Stereo MCs
Biko - Peter Gabriel
Lady Percy - King Charles
Burn This City - Famous Villains
The Girl - James Sunderland
Molly Gray - The DN Allstars
Cemetry - Bang Bang Romeo
Supernova - James Sunderland
The Killing Moon - Echo And The Bunnymen
Middle Sea - Yuck
The Boys Are Back In Town - Thin Lizzy
The Doors Of Then - Tim Burgess
Silence Is Easy - Starsailor
Hurt - Johnny Cash
Folsom Prison Blues - Johnny Cash
Stingin' Belle - Biffy Clyro
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers

No comments:

Post a Comment