Monday 23 September 2013

BAIBS Monday 23/09/13

Are you here for the reptile convention? Trust me it's funny. Ah maybe you had to be there. I know one person out there's laughing.

Well it's a while since we've been here. As you know I only blog when I've done a show and the manflu kicked in properly last week hence no blog since Tuesday. Particular apologies to Mick Laidlaw who I know was hanging on every word of the Eurosock debacle. I'll put you out of your misery now Mick.

I'm indebted to Lady Punka for removing said sock, a thus:


You can see the full extent of the German, maybe French, general sock grottiness so it was a very brave move indded.

So as mentioned I ain't been too well and I'm still not 100%. This is in no small part to Steve And Lisa Dale's wedding on Saturday. Steve is the guitarist with The 48ks and a very good friend so no amount of dying was gonna stop me being there. Steve put the playlist together himself for the night do and the DJ was under strict instructions not to vary from it. This meant every song was a gem. Given my total lung failure I was desperately waiting for something I didn't like and could sit down for 5. As it was I had to give up halfway through One Step Beyond, a practically unforgivable sin, but I didn't want to ruin their big day by dying on the dancefloor. I'm a bit big to sweep under the carpet.

I'm not normally a grammar nazi, given the grammar I throw out in this blog I have no right to be, yet three times in 24 hours I've had a mini grammar rant. BBC Look North tweeted this morning about an event yesterday asking, 'Where you there?' This is the BBC for crying out loud. They ignored my tweet but did replace their's with a more accurate, 'Were you there?' And (see what I mean about my web log grammar) then Walks In Britain tweeted a photo asking if anyone could name where this beech was. Expecting to see a tree it was actually a photo of the sandy bit next to the sea. Thankfully they were more gracious over my reply, even sending me a photo of a beech with the tagline, 'Recognise this beach.'

Finally, and this one is a real pet hate, a customer in the pub yesterday was comparing our various ailments and used the line, 'My head literally exploded.' Did it? Really? And you choose this head with no brain as a replacement then? Idiot.

I'm a little disappointed to see that this is blog number 199. There should be fanfares, a mariachi band and a personal appearance by Helena Bonham-Carter for tomorrow's 200th blog. Sadly, I say sadly like I'm upset about it, I'm being all Sine FM cultural attacheish again tomorrow and I'm taking my germs to Luxembourg straight after tomorrow's show so tomorrow's web log will just be a playlist really.

I now own a pipe. Don't ask, seriously, don't ask. But I don't have a clue what to do with it. I can feel my lungs relax.

So the next full blog will be a week today. Get back from Luxembourg Friday evening so after tomorrow there's no show till Monday.

Laters

SS

Playlist Monday 23/09/13

The Mighty Ship - The Housemartins
Rock 'n' Roll Suicide - David Bowie
Broke Up The Family - The Milk
Can Stand The Rain - The Talks
Gotta Get Out - The 48ks
Born Under A Bad Sign - Richard Hawley
They Couldn't Hear The Music - Ian McNabb
People Are Strange - The Doors
Invitation - Bang Bang Romeo
Leaving New York - R.E.M.
Brand New Friend - Lloyd Cole And The Commotions
Neighbourhood #1 (Tunnels) - Arcade Fire
Middle Sea - Yuck
Revolution - The Beatles
Elysium - Section 60
Rango - Catfish And The Bottlemen
Spanish Stroll - Mink de Ville
Waiting For The Great Leap Forward - Billy Bragg
Mess Around - Ray Charles
Everest - Public Service Broadcasting
Everything Counts - Depeche Mode
I Live Off You - X-Ray Spex
Pyra - The Missing Pages
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - U2
Out In The Fields - Gary Moore And Phil Lynott
Tick Tick Boom - The Hives
Mother - Travis
La La Love You - Pixies
New Natives - Jim Lockey And The Solemn Sun
Monkey Man - The Specials
Dancer - Auction For The Promise Club
Bankrobber - The Clash
Hungry Heart - Bruce Springsteen
Thunder Road - Bruce Springsteen
Wrecking Ball - Bruce Springsteen
In-Between Days - The Cure
Seven Nights, Seven Days - The Fratellis
Peggy Sang The Blues - Frank Turner
Torn On The Platform - Jack Penate
Beautiful Ones - Suede
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers

No comments:

Post a Comment